Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, Hendrie_7 said:

He'd be a good signing.  Doesn't someone on here know someone in his family?  I'm sure it was mentioned last time we were linked with him

Didn't he sign a new contract at the end of last season?

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Didn't he sign a new contract at the end of last season?

Don’t think it would make too much of a difference for a loan signing tbf some players sign contracts and get loaned out on the same day

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think there's anything difficult about it really.  If Smoggydownsouth's information was correct then we wanted to add four players to the squad.  It's possible that it was simple opportunism and we felt we could get hold of all of these players that we really wanted in which case that's fair enough and it was certainly worth a try.  However, wanting four players suggests to me a belief that the squad isn't good enough and there's a desire to do something about it.  The squad hasn't suddenly improved overnight so you'd expect us to still be looking to fill whatever those positions were.  If we don't want our second and third choices in those positions then by definition they aren't our second and third choices - they aren't any kind of choice because we don't want them.  Just an observation more than anything else that we aren't going to be looking to sign four players on a whim so maybe we're still looking if they have fallen through.

I thought he said 2 signings and then a possible 2 more to replace leaving players? 

23 minutes ago, Clint said:

Like what sds said refreshing to see us not been bent over backwards with deals .... if we keep the lads we got and don’t add anyone else I thinks it’s been a tremendous window

May I ask why you would say it’s tremendous? We’ve signed 3 players, none of which have been proven any higher than League 1 and we have again failed to fill the position we’ve been trying to fill for the last 3 transfer windows, since Traoré left...

Don’t get me wrong, the three lads we have look promising and, in theory, I like the path we are going down with regard to transfers. But until we see them play for half a season I certainly don’t think you can call this window tremendous. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

May I ask why you would say it’s tremendous? We’ve signed 3 players, none of which have been proven any higher than League 1 and we have again failed to fill the position we’ve been trying to fill for the last 3 transfer windows, since Traoré left...

Because it's common sense to realise it's better to learn lessons and not get our pants pulled down financially every window, as sooner rather than later we would end up in big trouble.

Someone earlier estimated we paid £2m last season for loan for Hugill, On paper £2m for a loanee with championship experience and goal scoring made economic sense over taking a risk at buying an unproven player from a lower division who we would own and with fee and wages might have been about the same.

But with hindsight I think we have along with a few other clubs decided that premiership loan fees are too much and if we going to spend £2m we want a possible way to get some money back if it goes wrong rather than nothing. 

Our success rate on premiership loans is at best only 50/50

11 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because it's common sense to realise it's better to learn lessons and not get our pants pulled down financially every window, as sooner rather than later we would end up in big trouble.

Does that make it a tremendous transfer window though?

Just now, J.T. said:

Does that make it a tremendous transfer window though?

We have ridden ourselves of Aden Flint, Braithwaite and refused to take back Besic & Hugill on loan/sign.

I think it's more than a tremendous transfer window.

• Like 2