oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Didn't someone say Reading are operating under a soft transfer embargo? Can't be very soft given they just spent reported £8m...

This whole fair play thing is a farce too many loop holes still and isn't holding the PL clubs back one bit

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Didn't someone say Reading are operating under a soft transfer embargo? Can't be very soft given they just spent reported £8m...

Don't forget Lucas Joao for £5m, Charlie Adam's wages and Lucas Boye 

Slightly jealous that they got Puscas like, where's @nunthorpered with another clue about this LW loan

Please be Penaranda

They spent £7m on Lucas Joâo yesterday as well. 

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

So why are we crapping ourselves trying to hit FFP when nobody else could care less?

you just know we'd get done immediately though lol.

• Like 1
Just now, CWC said:

They spent £7m on Lucas Joâo yesterday as well. 

They've sold 20m worth so are pretty even on transfer fees - even with out considering payment structure. 

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Compared to some of our previous transfer windows, abso-***-lutely.

Would you still say the same if these three turn into another three Marvin Johnson’s?

16 million on a pair of strikers and signed a former Napoli GK yesterday under a 'soft' embargo plus Lucas Boye fees.

Their midfield looks absolutely garbage to my eyes though not sure these strikers necessarily will get them anywhere close...

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Does that make it a tremendous transfer window though?

To the poster it does yes and within the context of our situation, it's probably a decent window to get a few in and keep our better players.

The reality is, we aren't going to be buying proven players for a long while. So under our new reality, I wouldn't say tremendous but if we get in a few attacking midfielders then it's been a decent window

• Like 1
1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Would you still say the same if these three turn into another three Marvin Johnson’s?

They won't, because we didn't massively overpay for them like we did Johnson. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Adamjr9 said:

You know if we went a penny over then we’d be banned for about six years and fined millions

100% correct 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They won't, because we didn't massively overpay for them like we did Johnson. 

I mean we paid £2.5m for Johnson and £2m for Dijksteel. If Dijksteel turns out rubbish, there isn’t exactly much difference and £2m will look like a massive overpayment...