Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TMG501 said:

Britt Assombalonga to #mfc. £15m transfer fee, 4 year deal at £40,000 per week. Total cost = £23.3m

Wayne Rooney to #dcfc. £0 transfer fee, 18 month deal at £100,000 per week. Total cost = £7.8m

We're just better in the transfer market. End of!

#dcfcfans

I hate to say it but they do have a point?

Didn't Rooney have 18 months left on his DC United contract? If he is joining in 6 months wouldn't he have had a year left? Can't see Derby not having to pay some sort of fee for him. 

2 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Morning.. JW and the top brass all at Rockcliffe already. Bit early for the players. Keep you posted if I'm lucky enough to get anything.

Cheers and enjoy your round

1 hour ago, TMG501 said:

Britt Assombalonga to #mfc. £15m transfer fee, 4 year deal at £40,000 per week. Total cost = £23.3m

Wayne Rooney to #dcfc. £0 transfer fee, 18 month deal at £100,000 per week. Total cost = £7.8m

We're just better in the transfer market. End of!

#dcfcfans

I hate to say it but they do have a point?

It might be worth waiting to see what Rooney actually does in this league. He's been playing in the MLS for a while now and whilst it is improving it is a long way of the physicality and pace of any English league.

The other point as others have made is that through the duration of Britt's contract he will be worth something, probably in excess of £10m, whilst Rooney is/will be worthless in terms of a transfer fee.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

It might be worth waiting to see what Rooney actually does in this league. He's been playing in the MLS for a while now and whilst it is improving it is a long way of the physicality and pace of any English league.

The other point as others have made is that through the duration of Britt's contract he will be worth something, probably in excess of £10m, whilst Rooney is/will be worthless in terms of a transfer fee.

As the man in the orthopaedic shoe said “I stand corrected “

??

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Apart from Braithwaite we have shifted no other players out so far which is as interesting as waiting on arrivals.

Someone mentioned the fact that only 3 league 1 players have arrived thus far and personally I think the lure of coming to Middlesbrough is not high on the agenda of others we possibly are hoping for. That may change depending on what others perceive in the work in progress achieved from Woodgate and possibly it will be the winter transfer period that will be active.

If there is movement away from the club today then yes I would expect some arrivals but we maybe very quiet until 5pm 

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

How come the deadline ends at 5pm and not 11pm as makes it tight for clubs to bid for a player on the morning and get them in by 5pm

They've had 4 months to do business. If 6 hours means a deal can or can't be done, then those people in those positions shouldn't be in those positions.

• Like 4
Just now, Ayresome365 said:

They've had 4 months to do business. If 6 hours means a deal can or can't be done, then those people in those positions shouldn't be in those positions.

that isn't how the market works

• Like 1