oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Was this kind of window not what we were expecting from the moment woodgate was appointed? As soon as that happened we knew we had *** all to spend so I dont know why were suddenly getting annoyed about it now. 

Were competing with Wigan, reading, QPR etc now, not west brom, derby, stoke etc. Its not a level playing field in this league.

All we can do is hope that the youngsters come good and that the kind of football we say on friday continues. 

Utb

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

there was 18 players in the league who scored 14 goals or more last season, probs cost a far lot less than britt did and probs be half the wages, not saying we should sign anyone of this but just pointing out that this elusive 15 goal a season striker isn't as elusive as is being made out. 

Find one that hit those numbers in a team as negative as ours and I'll agree.

2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

and yes I understand the pulis effect, but its like were all turning a blind eye to all the chances he missed, there was a video a fan made of all the chances he missed and there was an awful lot. 

You could make a video like that for any striker in the world. I don't understand why people think he should finish every chance, literally no striker ever has done that.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

This would be the worst piece of business the club have ever done, shocking shout 

I didn't say I was for this.  I was saying its the sort of nonsense we would do.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

You could make a video like that for any striker in the world. I don't understand why people think he should finish every chance, literally no striker ever has done that.

Messi is garbage, hope we steer well clear of him with the money from Britt

https://youtu.be/GB2MIIK7TbA

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Fulham have signed Harry Arter and looking to sign Besic and Bobby Reid today, it's alright for some 

Yeah they’ve splashed the cash but they have a bang average defence and a rookie manager. Think the preseason predictions of them being nailed on for top 2 were off the mark. Think they will more likely than not make playoffs but can’t see them making top 2.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

yes you can do, but this video was made in one season of all his terrible misses as a 15 million pounds striker, and yes you can keep using the pulis excuse, but he still created chances many which fell to britt and many that missed. 

like I keep saying, happy for his to stay, but hes not worth 15 mil and theres plenty of strikers out there that we could sign for a fraction of the price that have scored roughly the same amount of goals. 

1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Yeah they’ve splashed the cash but they have a bang average defence and a rookie manager. Think the preseason predictions of them being nailed on for top 2 were well off the mark. Think they will more likely than not make playoffs but can’t see them making top 2.

Agree

I think a proven manager in this division is far more valuable than a squad of decent players.

What Warnock does with a squad compared to other squads of players is remarkable.

Put Warnock in charge of Fulham and they'd walk the league...not so sure what they'll do under Parker.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Was this kind of window not what we were expecting from the moment woodgate was appointed? As soon as that happened we knew we had *** all to spend so I dont know why were suddenly getting annoyed about it now. 

Were competing with Wigan, reading, QPR etc now, not west brom, derby, stoke etc. Its not a level playing field in this league.

All we can do is hope that the youngsters come good and that the kind of football we say on friday continues. 

Utb

I'll be happy if we continue with Fridays performance,There Isn't many sides gonna go to Kenilworth Rd and bully Luton Town

Is it really the end of the world if we lose Britt? If silly money is offered I think we would be stupid not to take it.

Is a confident Fletcher playing through the middle going to be not too much dissimilar in terms of goals? He has never really been given a consistent run in the team. Robbie Keane might just be able to squeeze the best out of him. 

I’m just going to sit tight and wait to see what this season holds for us, with or without Britt.

• Like 5