oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

What do you mean 'come back'? There has been no official bid for Assombalonga reported at all. The club has said time and time again this summer we don't need to sell and we don't want to sell our best players. So far that has been the truth. Britt's going nowhere.

SDS has literally just said he could be going so obviously there's something going on. And the not needing to sell is false, I was actually told this last month. I agree that the club don't want to get rid of key players but if the offer is a lot of money then they might take it.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

yes you can do, but this video was made in one season of all his terrible misses as a 15 million pounds striker, and yes you can keep using the pulis excuse, but he still created chances many which fell to britt and many that missed. 

like I keep saying, happy for his to stay, but hes not worth 15 mil and theres plenty of strikers out there that we could sign for a fraction of the price that have scored roughly the same amount of goals. 

Again with this.  All it demonstrates is he gets into positions to score. 1 in 2 last season, in a defensive horrible team, with no support and no creativity.

And in 5 hours?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

yes you can do, but this video was made in one season of all his terrible misses as a 15 million pounds striker, and yes you can keep using the pulis excuse, but he still created chances many which fell to britt and many that missed. 

like I keep saying, happy for his to stay, but hes not worth 15 mil and theres plenty of strikers out there that we could sign for a fraction of the price that have scored roughly the same amount of goals. 

I don’t agree, you pay for proven in this league and that’s what we’ve done. Britt playing in a team that creates chances in this league would score 20+ with ease. 

We’ve not had names mentioned for players who people feel will do as a good a job or a better job - any you feel worth mentioning? 

Just now, DurhamRed said:

If Shotton goes the club must of reduced the wage bill by 200k a week on player's that offered very little last season and won't be missed. 

Including the manager it's more than that. 

• Like 2
Just now, Jamie-H said:

On the bright side that young PL AM/ST is still in play we knew it wasn't Murphy or Ibe so 5 hours to go seems like that's still on the table.

Ken Sema Nunthorpered said it was, I'd have him here 

Just now, Jamie-H said:

On the bright side that young PL AM/ST is still in play we knew it wasn't Murphy or Ibe so 5 hours to go seems like that's still on the table.

Fingers crossed.... A decent attacking player in and Shotton off the books would be a good end to the window

6 minutes ago, TheSniffingBadger said:

Is it really the end of the world if we lose Britt? If silly money is offered I think we would be stupid not to take it.

Is a confident Fletcher playing through the middle going to be not too much dissimilar in terms of goals? He has never really been given a consistent run in the team. Robbie Keane might just be able to squeeze the best out of him. 

I’m just going to sit tight and wait to see what this season holds for us, with or without Britt.

I wouldn't be too bothered about giving Fletcher a run, I like him but if he gets injured then we're left with Gestede as back-up if no one else comes in.

• Like 1

Man this deadline day has all the hallmarks of previous deadline days where we fail to get that last player in that we really lack ie. a winger. I'm not massively fussed with us not replacing Shotton before january. It'll be crucial to just get him off the books. I also don't think Britt will be leaving. Of course he "could" if ridiculous money is offered but less than 5 hours until the window closes and he has to undergo an extensive medical test because of his medical history. Sure Marseille could have it done in England, and their window is open for longer, but we'd want it done today to sign a replacement. I really fail to see us going into the season without a capable replacement and that's just not going to fall into our lap. Gayle is the obvious candidate if we recieve a massive cash windfall but still that's probably a signing that is too expensive even on loan.

Predictions is Shotton is leaving and we don't sign anyone. It would be OK with me, but it'll leave the entire window a bit meh as we haven't adressed the wings/creativity good enough and we've mainly signed league 1 players. Biggest positive is that we've shifted some poor high earners.

10 minutes ago, Tomlinho said:

I don’t agree, you pay for proven in this league and that’s what we’ve done. Britt playing in a team that creates chances in this league would score 20+ with ease. 

We’ve not had names mentioned for players who people feel will do as a good a job or a better job - any you feel worth mentioning? 

he never has scored 20 goals in this league so to say he would with ease is abit of stretch. 

and it terms of players to bring in, im not in the scouting department  as much id like to be haha, but as I pointed out 18 players scored 14 goals or more last season. top scorer was a free transfer, two of the top 5 were loans and the rest of the top 10 added together only cost a few million more than what we paid for assombalonga. 

theres bargins to be had, and were not a club who can afford to keep a player like assombalonga especially at goal to game ratio hes offering. 

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:
7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

If Shotton goes the club must of reduced the wage bill by 200k a week on player's that offered very little last season and won't be missed. 

Including the manager it's more than that. 

If we say 240k a week that's 12 million a year in wages alone. Mindblowing.

• Wow 1