oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

12 minutes ago, TheSniffingBadger said:

Is it really the end of the world if we lose Britt? If silly money is offered I think we would be stupid not to take it.

Is a confident Fletcher playing through the middle going to be not too much dissimilar in terms of goals? He has never really been given a consistent run in the team. Robbie Keane might just be able to squeeze the best out of him. 

I’m just going to sit tight and wait to see what this season holds for us, with or without Britt.

So no jumping up for joy if he scores then? and indeed any other goal Boro score:classic_happy:

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

If we say 240k a week that's 12 million a year in wages alone. Mindblowing.

And yet somehow we still apparently need to balance the books. Still can’t wrap my head around how incompetently we’ve been run the last few seasons... 

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Buying Ivan Toney for more than we paid for Fletcher? Madness.

highly doubt the club would overpay for anyone under the new way of working

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Buying Ivan Toney for more than we paid for Fletcher? Madness.

You never know we could offload Gestede for the same price.

Speaking of which I hope the lad has a belter this season (or was I dreaming that)

17 minutes ago, tmcc said:

yes you can do, but this video was made in one season of all his terrible misses as a 15 million pounds striker, and yes you can keep using the pulis excuse, but he still created chances many which fell to britt and many that missed. 

like I keep saying, happy for his to stay, but hes not worth 15 mil and theres plenty of strikers out there that we could sign for a fraction of the price that have scored roughly the same amount of goals. 

I can't be arsed arguing with you, all strikers miss chances. Britt's shot:goal ratio is actually quite a lot better than the higher scorers in the league from last season, he was just provided with fewer chances than them and had less game time.

How about we give him a season in a team that actually creates chances for him then judge him?

• Like 3

Plenty have said it already including myself, selling britt especially this late is a cardinal sin, we are guaranteed at least 15 goals out of him this season. We were one of the lowest scoring sides in the FL last season, I don't see how selling your best striker does anything but undermine what were trying to achieve, replacement lined up or not!

9 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

And yet somehow we still apparently need to balance the books. Still can’t wrap my head around how incompetently we’ve been run the last few seasons... 

This is where I'm at.

We've brought in £10m in transfer fees so far and cut, at least, £200k a week off our wage bill. How badly in the *** were we for this to not be enough?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Will said:

I can't be arsed arguing with you, all strikers miss chances. Britt's shot:goal ratio is actually quite a lot better than the higher scorers in the league from last season, he was just provided with fewer chances than them and had less game time.

How about we give him a season in a team that actually creates chances for him then judge him?

How are people still going on about this

His record in the championship is just over 1 in 2

People want him to take on 7 players before finishing every single chance he's presented with, if there's a striker out there who does that he's not going to be playing in the championship

• Like 1