oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Will said:

I can't be arsed arguing with you, all strikers miss chances. Britt's shot:goal ratio is actually quite a lot better than the higher scorers in the league from last season, he was just provided with fewer chances than them and had less game time.

How about we give him a season in a team that actually creates chances for him then judge him?

iv said im happy for his to stay, my argument for him to leave is based more off the fact were finically in the shitter and regardless of whos manager he hasn't been good enough. 

but yeah if he stays, we should hopefully see more from him with the style of football woodgate is playing.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Buying Ivan Toney for more than we paid for Fletcher? Madness.

Fletchers price 5+2m addons isn't really that crazy when you see some of the clubs dumping money today.. teams spending 7-8 on foreign 2nd division imports..

BTW now that he's grown up a bit Fletcher is worth that money on current form.

I suspect Toney would be the buy to replace Britt, if he were to leave.. which I don't think he will.

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

iv said im happy for his to stay, my argument for him to leave is based more off the fact were finically in the shitter and regardless of whos manager he hasn't been good enough. 

but yeah if he stays, we should hopefully see more from him with the style of football woodgate is playing.

I disagree entirely.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

This is where I'm at.

We've brought in £10m in transfer fees so far and cut, at least, £200k a week off our wage bill. How badly in the *** were we for this to not be enough?

We can lose £13m per season. 

Parachute payments were £35m, if we broke even last season we need to save another £22m. So that's about right. 

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I disagree entirely.

4 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Wow ? not good enough?! What do you expect... Who is good enough then? 

13 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

If the money's there the first thing I do tomorrow is give Fry a new contract offer top him up to what Shotton was on he's so important for us.

He signed a 5 year deal last April there's no need to be giving him more money when he's apparently happy to stay and still has 4 years to go 

Can’t believe Toney is even being discussed as a replacement for Britt, would be inexcusable. Spending £7m on a young premier league talent is one thing but spending £8m on a LEAGUE 1 striker is bonkers, and would go against the clubs policy off extremely overpaying for bang average players 

Season 14/15 - 5 million loss

Season 15/16 - 23 million loss

Season 16/17 - 31million loss

Season 17/18 - 2 million loss

Season 18/19 - 22 million profit

Season 19/20 - 4 million profit

This is just transfer fees.  

Anyone who says that Britt hasn't been good enough is absolutely deluded.

If we sell Britt without a replacement, I reckon that knocks us down the table at least 5 or 6 spots. Replace him with Ivan Toney and that's probably down 12 or 13 spots....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Adam Reach? The lad never even nailed a place down for us

14/15 he was starting fairly regularly and playing well, just lacked a bit of confidence to get at players and the crowd started getting on his back for cutting back to pass it instead of taking on the full back

So we started playing Tomlin on the left, loaned him out season after and played adomah on the left stuani on the right when Stuani wasn't really suited there 

6 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Wow ? not good enough?! What do you expect... Who is good enough then? 

I don't think he'd be happy with Harry Kane as he misses some right sitters 

54 minutes ago, Will said:

Do you trust our scouts to find another guaranteed 15 goal a season striker?

You also neglected to mention that Britt only played the equivalent of 32 full games last year because Pulis had a hard on for Hugill in the first half of the season.

I trust our scouts, I’m just not sure if I trust the contract makers, or if my faith in them is misplaced as they working with Gibson’s Transfer in Rules which when offered to potential customers resemble “magic beans for your nice good cow”

( no offence meant, comment was for humour not for accuracy)