oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Can't believe we would get £1.6m for Shotton as he is in last year of contract/high wages etc.

Must be some sort of accounting skullduggery to get us around FFP IMO. Solid pro and not his fault we paid too much for him and gave him prem wages so good luck to the lad

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, mendieta420 said:

George was a CB before he joined us

Yeah, 7 years ago. He’s s*** now, absolutely awful. People were actually laughing at him last year, when he did something wrong. He’s been a great servant for us and a great player, but he surely can’t be near our team anymore. The term ‘legs have gone’, could never have been better used.

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

If they sign him Isaac Success and Ken Sema become available 

I think they're both available anyway tbh

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Yeah, 7 years ago. He’s s*** now, absolutely awful. People were actually laughing at him last year, when he did something wrong. He’s been a great servant for us and a great player, but he surely can’t be near our team anymore. The term ‘legs have gone’, could never have been better used.

Oh grow up, what absolute rubbish. He will be absolutely fine as a back up CB

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Borodane said:

Man this deadline day has all the hallmarks of previous deadline days where we fail to get that last player in that we really lack ie. a winger. I'm not massively fussed with us not replacing Shotton before january. It'll be crucial to just get him off the books. I also don't think Britt will be leaving. Of course he "could" if ridiculous money is offered but less than 5 hours until the window closes and he has to undergo an extensive medical test because of his medical history. Sure Marseille could have it done in England, and their window is open for longer, but we'd want it done today to sign a replacement. I really fail to see us going into the season without a capable replacement and that's just not going to fall into our lap. Gayle is the obvious candidate if we recieve a massive cash windfall but still that's probably a signing that is too expensive even on loan.

Predictions is Shotton is leaving and we don't sign anyone. It would be OK with me, but it'll leave the entire window a bit meh as we haven't adressed the wings/creativity good enough and we've mainly signed league 1 players. Biggest positive is that we've shifted some poor high earners.

Living where I do I don't know much about our 2nd Team players to say we have Good back ups for every position