oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

8 minutes ago, Crumb said:

????? I’ve been living rent free in your head for days son. Grow up, mate. Grow up.

Tbh there's probably only one person that needs to grow up here. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Window hasn't been bad at all. 

Got in 2 fullbacks and a winger. I agree we could've done with more but we've kept our most important players and hopefully got the wage bill down to a sustainable amount. 

Got good money for the players we sold. 

Plenty of big earners out

Willing to give youth a chance. 

We knew the craic with finances early doors and I think we've come out of it alright. 

Better than throwing money at daft loans and wages. 

Totally agree, I thought for sure we'd lose Britt or Fry so to hang on to both is great.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Better than throwing money at daft loans and wages. 

Seems to be something some people ignore. Loan fees for Prem players are pretty big. We're selling Shotton for less than the fee of a lot of decent Prem players. That's not even taking into account their wages. It's not a decision clubs make when they're trying to keep costs down. We want our money to have a financial return, there's no return on a loan deal, it's just throwing money away for one year.

27 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Seems quite quiet considering there are 2hrs 35 mins left of the window. Plus whatever is left after deal sheets are put in.

Just a dog watch left, everything crossed we don't lose any of our players now

I think a window where you move players out that you want to, keep the players you want to, sign young eager lads to address some areas and don't overpay for someone could be called at least reasonable......it gives us an opportunity to try and create a team that plays better football and we can then all voice our thoughts on the January transfer thread which will probably start at 5.01....certainly better than last window

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Seems to be something some people ignore. Loan fees for Prem players are pretty big. We're selling Shotton for less than the fee of a lot of decent Prem players. That's not even taking into account their wages. It's not a decision clubs make when they're trying to keep costs down. We want our money to have a financial return, there's no return on a loan deal, it's just throwing money away for one year.

True. But how often have loan moves been the difference between getting promoted and not? I'd say there are very very few teams that have been successful in this league without relying on the loan market. We did it ourselves with Gaston. 

It's been a good window if it closes now. I'd still like us to shift Saville and Gestede though.

Suddenly Walker becomes a much more important player for us though.

With all due respect to the ITKs who have provided exceptional information over the last couple of weeks but once this window closes I would prefer NOT to know which players slipped from our grasp or agreed to sign but changed their mind or had a tour of the facilities or even those who had their photos taken holding a Boro shirt but decided to *** off to West Brom or whoever for an extra £50 a week.

• Like 1

I think it's been a decent/positive window with the players we have got out the door, youth bought and brought through, and essentially not selling any of our key players...... I just can't help but feel disappointed that we are likely 1 attacking winger and 1 CB away from a strong side that could have finished anywhere decent (Top 6). 

Yes ano, the target for this season is a 'transition one', but as Woody said in his Manger evening, you don't set out to finish mid table, got to aim to win it! With the couple of players we are short, it's looking less likely imo.