oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Look I get it, I bought into the whole buying cheaper players with potential, I’m happy with every player we’ve signed and looking forward to seeing them on Saturday. 

Yeah the eze thing became a bit of a meme but I wasn’t expecting or even wanting ‘big names’ or for us to throw money about. I just wanted us to have a front 3/4 you could look at and think yeah that’s gonna cause anyone problems. 

big ask though for a finically crippled club, how many teams in the league have a front 3 like that? no many. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

fear not.. DS...in less than two weeks, he can see his hero.....tell him that you can't make it Saturday because you've been naughty

Ha ha in less than 2 weeks he will have a new favourite Boro player. Why Shotton then I guess only he knows, certainly not encouraged by his father or myself.

I think it possibly was due to his different hairstyle more than anything!

5 minutes ago, ron_manager said:

As a long time lurker I would just like to say there are some utter fannys posting with completely unrealistic expectations of what the club can and will spend. 

For me, this has been a far better window than expected. We finally have natural right back for the first time in 3 or 4 years. We have a fast left back, a new left winger, there are opportunities for youth and young players to shine, we have got rid of some high earners and we have (so far) kept some key players. 

Are you Ron who posts on the gazette or are you old man Ron from twitter or are you some Ron I don't even know about lol

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

But he is though, Fletcher and Browne will end up starting on the wings for us.

And there's the problem. Fletcher still isn't a wide player. 

• Like 2
Just now, Changing Times said:

Clearly we will pay loan fees we just haven't done it today so far.  Do you really think the club were actively pursuing these deals without knowing there would be a fee attached to them? 

*** hell you have to argue everything don't you. Yes they knew there would be loan fees. No they didn't know they'd be so much. They've been priced out of players, *** happens.

10 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

He's only been at the club for 2 seasons for a start and played 17 games for us but if that's enough to write him off then sound

It's hardly a ringing endorsement of the bloke though, is it?

21 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:
25 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well that's the thing isn't it? Look at the way the rest of the league is preparing for this year, they're preparing for a fight at the top. The way we did 2 years ago. They're preparing for a promotion hunt. No matter what Woody or Keane say, the club as a whole is not preparing for that. They've asked for patience for a reason; they don't expect promotion this season.

Now if say we come to January and we're in and around the top 6 with one or two clear problem positions, we might be more open to dealing on the loan front. We'll have half a fee to pay and we'll have justification to throw a bit of money in if needs be. I think that's how this season is going to go. I think Woody needs to prove the concept works, he needs a few months to show what his team can do as is. Loans aren't what we need to do that. If it's working by January, he'll get some backing.

Didn’t woodgate literally say promotion was his aim? 

?

Just now, Brunners said:

*** hell you have to argue everything don't you. Yes they knew there would be loan fees. No they didn't know they'd be so much. They've been priced out of players, *** happens.

So what you said was a lie then?  And now you're getting angry about me exposing you as a liar ?

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

But he is though, Fletcher and Browne will end up starting on the wings for us.

Excited to see Browne this season. Fletcher on the wing though just pains me. It could work if the LB bombs forward and is effectively our winger. But for me Fletcher is so much better central, round pegs in square holes...again

Just now, Brunners said:

You would have thought loan fees to some extent would have been initially discussed prior to any serious interest/showing around the club. I think we had the funds for 1 decent loan singing it's just our first choices have gone elsewhere and we aren't (for once & good reason) prepared to panic and get someone else in. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

So what you said was a lie then?  And now you're getting angry about me exposing you as a liar ?

*** hell, we won't pay LARGE loan fees any more, jesus christ.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CallumTS17 said:

Are you Ron who posts on the gazette or are you old man Ron from twitter or are you some Ron I don't even know about lol

I infrequently post on Twitter and I have been know to post on COB and years ago FMTTM. Always been the full ron_manager. 

• Like 1