oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Excited to see Browne this season. Fletcher on the wing though just pains me. It could work if the LB bombs forward and is effectively our winger. But for me Fletcher is so much better central, round pegs in square holes...again

He will play more central, you could see against Luton our wide forwards are cutting in quite a bit, the width will be supplied by Coulson/Bola.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Excited to see Browne this season. Fletcher on the wing though just pains me. It could work if the LB bombs forward and is effectively our winger. But for me Fletcher is so much better central, round pegs in square holes...again

Better than square pegs in round holes at least? I think that's the plan is to have the LB provide width for him as an inside forward, whether it works or not who knows!

Edited by Foogle
  • Like 2

Fletcher won’t be ‘on the wing’ though, woodgate isn’t setting up with traditional wide players, just forwards who come inside to support the striker. Our fullbacks will be the wingers.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's hardly a ringing endorsement of the bloke though, is it?

It's hardly enough time to write him off either, as Pulis didn't give him or any other wide player beyond Adama a chance.

It's a new set up and Woodgate seems happy to give him a chance, why shouldn't we?

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

They aren't wingers, they're inside forwards with the view that all three should be interchangeable. Yes that would mean forwards bombing on.

What ever happens happens i know one thing tho is im going to enjoy this season far better than last and hopefully we'll be in the mix come the end of the season.

Who wants to be in the promise land anyway we'll only get beat haha

• Like 1

This window has already been better than any window under Pulis.

We've signed a couple of FB's and a winger.....we've been crying out for a winger since Adomah left us 3 years ago. And we've needed a pair of FB's for nearly 2 years.

And we've got rid of some of the dead wood and high earners.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, CallumTS17 said:

What ever happens happens i know one thing tho is im going to enjoy this season far better than last and hopefully we'll be in the mix come the end of the season.

Who wants to be in the promise land anyway we'll only get beat haha

I hate VAR, I don’t want us to go up until it’s either been perfected or abolished. ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Foogle said:

Better than square pegs in round holes at least? I think that's the plan is to have the LB provide width for the inside forwards, whether it works or not who knows!

Hopefully he finds some form there, as I do like the lad. On paper it could work.

On a side note involving Fletcher. Does anyone think he lacks so much confidence? It’s always like he plays to 80% of his full game, I’ve thought this since he came here. He’s not one that’s gonna grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Really just wish in one game he just goes for it, flies into some challenges and show some aggression(?).

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ron_manager said:

I am aware there are better ways but I chose not to use them ?

For the sake of the forum and individual rights and opinions resulting in name calling I hope you choose the better ways in future.

Not going to make an issue of this and the matter is now closed.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Better than square pegs in round holes at least? I think that's the plan is to have the LB provide width for the inside forwards, whether it works or not who knows!

Very true, round pegs will easily fit into square holes, there is no problem there. 

• Haha 1

Personally I cant wait for the next 45 games. I had more joy and excitement in 90 minutes on friday than I had for 18 months under pulis. We have young players playing a new system, for a new manager. We will get better. Well settle into our style more, youth will gain experience every week. We've held on to our prize assets and got rid of some dead wood! We may not go up this year but I guarantee well be in a fantastic position next summer to recruit and push for promotion. Have faith UTB.

• Like 3