oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I hate to criticise people without knowing all the facts, but I have no faith in the ability of either Bill or Ben ( Bauser n Bevington) to successfully work within their briefs and have the ground work ready. 

I don’t think their financial constraints help but it does seem deals collapse once they get involved. But hey I don’t think they do it deliberately just I think they not the most creative negotiating team. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, Naisby said:

I hate to criticise people without knowing all the facts, but I have no faith in the ability of either Bill or Ben ( Bauser n Bevington) to successfully work within their briefs and have the ground work ready. 

I don’t think their financial constraints help but it does seem deals collapse once they get involved. But hey I don’t think they do it deliberately just I think they not the most creative negotiating team. 

What's to say they had all the deals arranged, and SG came in with a big bag of 'nope'.

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

Hard to say considering we don’t know anything but if they’ve been given a budget of a 500k loan fee and 10 k a week and the demands are double then what can they do? Sure they could find someone else who is cheaper but they might not even be good enough. It’s not like they are just sitting at negotiation table cross eyed while drooling into the coffee and talking incoherently. 

• Like 1
Just now, unclesmog said:

What's to say they had all the deals arranged, and SG came in with a big bag of 'nope'.

Exactly, no one knows what has gone on behind the scenes. Never quite got the need for people not only to find people to blame but to actively call for them to lose their jobs

1 minute ago, unclesmog said:

That’s the creative part, neither of them pass the contracts to SG to sign and tell him they the annual invoices for the pies. ?

Just now, Borodane said:

Hard to say considering we don’t know anything but if they’ve been given a budget of a 500k loan fee and 10 k a week and the demands are double then what can they do? Sure they could find someone else who is cheaper but they might not even be good enough. It’s not like they are just sitting at negotiation table cross eyed while drooling into the coffee and talking incoherently. 

I agree, but the results they achieve are sadly the same. But hey it’s life, they know the score and they move on, it’s just after all the windows I had hoped the feeling their successes and failures leave the club are the same every window.

I think a creative deal making and negotiating seminar ran by Keith Lamb between now and November would help. 

We can sign players up to 7pm tonight, as long has the 'deal sheet' has been submitted by 5pm.

Feels like its been another damp squib of a deadline day for us though. To not strengthen our attack in this window is criminal. Don't get me wrong, Browne looks good and has loads of potential, we need much more.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

hopefully get to see more of Ste Walker in the 1st team now that he's training again

I've never actually seen him play, what type of striker is he, can he play on one of the wings? ?

15 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Yeah think it's all done... not sure what's holding Shotton up

Is itthe case that as a club we have decided to no longer entertain the idea of loan fees and as such we now struggle to get anyone in? Or are we just not an attractive prospect? Because contrary to widespread belief, surely it can't be down to incompetence from Bausor and Bevington

Just now, Randy Sandwich said:

I'm at work and we have had to have the leccy off, so no sky - can anyone update me? 

No updates. Maybe shotton to Wigan for 1.6 mil but nothing official.