oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Enobakhare would've suited us covers RW and striker, Walker is such an unknown he's a decent pace technical second striker who definitely couldn't lead a line yet and we dont play a 10 do you convert him to a winger for the sake of it?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I believe many think that football in the North East is in the doldrums and that includes Newcastle United. Am positive that reason and also distance from London is why supposed targets decide to go elsewhere, certainly it seems as if we have had mentioned names visiting Rockliffe but as Woodgate is an unknown factor at this time then this will not change.

We now have to hope that Woody & Co do the best they can and produce a team and plausible vision of things to come.

To all of the lads contributing to information and sharing things with the rest of us, many thanks, there will be a few who will bemoan you but not I because at the end of the day we all know that only a small percentage  of information comes through.

This in no way has spoilt my enthusiasm for the rest of the season.

I honestly think we are "the dark horse" of the league 

This is 100% one of the big reasons. We can't afford to entice them up here with money anymore so it's proving an even bigger obstacle.

10 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I agree, but the results they achieve are sadly the same. But hey it’s life, they know the score and they move on, it’s just after all the windows I had hoped the feeling their successes and failures leave the club are the same every window.

I think a creative deal making and negotiating seminar ran by Keith Lamb between now and November would help. 

It's seems to be a problem generally for the Boro to attract players without having to offer inflated wages.  Presumably this can be attributed to our distance from London and the bad press that the town and area itself is given, usually based on historic southern bias rather than good journalism. 

54 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You said it as did Lurker and a few other people when you said it's a good thing that we didn't do this or that.  We tried to do this or that, we just failed.  Not getting signings done that you want to do is failure.  I'm not saying we should pay whatever anyone asks us to pay but you can't claim not making signings as a success and I'm sorry but that is exactly what a few of your are trying to now do.   So if you want to say that the players we've signed are great then do so.  If you want to say the players we've sold were all great sales then do so.  But please don't say at least we didn't pay for loan fees or overpay for transfers as though that makes a successful window because it doesn't.  The club wanted to add further players to the squad and they haven't and there is no way of making that a good thing.

I just went back and read what I said to make sure. I definitely didn't say that. I've said we've clearly walked away from deals that weren't right for us. That's not a success, I wouldn't really class walking into discussions we back away from as a definite failure either.

If you simply mean we wanted say another centre-back and winger and we didn't get one of either, then I can at least see where you're coming from. But then I'm not hailing the transfer window as some huge success either. I've been just as sceptical of our signings we've already made as anyone and time will tell whether they were good signings or not. I've praised the fact they fit the bill of the type of player we want as opposed to say signing Guedioura for £3m when we wanted to replace Ramirez. And I've also said all along that I wasn't expecting us to do a lot of movement this window, I was expecting 2 ins and a few outs at best. Needless to say, I'm happy that we've kept the likes of Fry, Randolph and Britt whilst shifting Braithwaite, Flint and hopefully Shotton. Could it have gone better? Couldn't it always! But I'm not going to sit here and be negative about it when my expectations were lower than what we've already delivered.

I certainly think that whilst Woody said he wanted a few more in, said things like Flint would be replaced and all that, he's not going to struggle sleeping thinking about his squad tonight.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Enobakhare would've suited us covers RW and striker, Walker is such an unknown he's a decent pace technical second striker who definitely couldn't lead a line yet and we dont play a 10 do you convert him to a winger for the sake of it?

In our new 433 system he’d be s forward rather than a winger, would he be suited to that role?

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Wigan sign Mulgrew on loan and Enobakhare

Shotton staying?

We have just told Teddy that he will not see his favourite Boro player on Saturday.

This is worse that saying there is no santa claus and now we have to reverse what he has just been advised!

• Haha 1
Just now, Downsouth said:

We have just told Teddy that he will not see his favourite Boro player on Saturday.

This is worse that saying there is no santa claus and now we have to reverse what he has just been advised!

Poor Teddy, growing up with Ryan Shotton as a favourite Boro player!