Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just now, uncle_rico said:

Are we really going into the season hoping we don't get any injuries? God forbid of Britt, Ayala, Fry or Wing pick up another injury. All have form!

The squad is paper thin and we've had months to sort it, yet once again we've failed miserably.

Really feel for Woodgate. He's been open and honest with fans and the local press, yet I think the club (or rather Gibson, Bausor and Bevington) have let him down badly.

I'm happy with Browne, Bola and Dijksteel, but they are all league one players. Its a big ask for them to make the step up immediately. We needed so much more.

Browne came from West Ham, he’s not a league 1 player. 

Complete and utter failure by the recruitment team today. Teams down the bottom of the league were able to get loans in. Yet we couldn’t. Woodgate is going to be praying all season for no injuries

• Like 1

I mean realistically if the only 2 loan bids we put in today were Nahki Wells and Jordan Ibe why would Wells come as 2nd choice to Britt and by all accounts Ibe rejected Derby as well as us he wanted PL loan or nothing geography wasn't really the problem for us?

Derby sound like they missed out just as much as us today and they've got Wazza32 to 'attract' people.

48 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Walker is barely ready for U23s never mind championship.

I thought the whole team did well on Friday, considering it was the first league match and away at a newly promoted side who would have been on a high,If Britt had bust the net with that penalty we'd have had 3 points and been top of the league or near...Lots of Ifs & buts I know, but there were good signs

Just now, BoroJake said:

Complete and utter failure by the recruitment team today. Teams down the bottom of the league were able to get loans in. Yet we couldn’t. Woodgate is going going to be praying all season for no injuries

Well until January maybe!

9 minutes ago, ron_manager said:

So you believe we will finish 14th to 17th in the league. Give yer head a shake. We have a much more balanced squad than last season and let us be honest if the team last season had an attacking intent we would have finished higher than we did. 

I have no doubt we will finish in the top half of the league at least. Look at Sheff United last season. Far weaker squad (on paper) than Leeds, WBA etc but they had an attacking intent, team spirit and they clicked. 

A much more balanced squad?  With the addition of one attacking player, a left back and a right back?  I know I'm a parody of myself now but that doesn't seem to quite stack up to me, Ron?  We lost three attacking players and replaced them with one.  We've added a couple of fullbacks, which I think everyone is happy with, but I don't know if that alone makes us more balanced?  We've still got too many central midfielders and we have two reliable central defenders and that's before you go back to an attack that is going to be reliant on one or both of Fletcher and Johnson.  I think we're still some way from having a balanced squad and I suspect that Woodgate would agree with me tbh.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Are we really going into the season hoping we don't get any injuries? God forbid of Britt, Ayala, Fry or Wing pick up another injury. All have form!

The squad is paper thin and we've had months to sort it, yet once again we've failed miserably.

Really feel for Woodgate. He's been open and honest with fans and the local press, yet I think the club (or rather Gibson, Bausor and Bevington) have let him down badly.

I'm happy with Browne, Bola and Dijksteel, but they are all league one players. Its a big ask for them to make the step up immediately. We needed so much more.

Ah ha!

This will not be the issue because one of Pulis's parting gifts was the introduction of non injury players and a medical team that is the dogs bollocks and can cure all ailments and a training regime that guaranteed no injuries.

We have so much to thank Pulis for including being financially strong.

If you detect a slight sense of sarcasm then you are right:classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1

As so many seem to be panicking, I was thinking if we were to sell our whole squad what level of Championship clubs might they realistically play at and do a decent job.

The unknown/promising players, if they show their potential and if some of the other lower standard players hit some form we have a very decent squad.

Randolph – Promotion standard

Dicky Steel – Unknown/promising

Bolo – Unknown/promising

Ayala- Top half championship CB

Fry – Promotion standard

Shotton – Mid/lower championship

Friend – Mid/lower championship

Saville - Mid/lower championship

Johnson - Mid/lower championship

Howson – Promotion standard

Clayton – Promotion/Top half championship

Tav - Top half championship

McNair - Mid/lower championship

Wing - Promotion standard

Brown - Unknown/promising

Fletcher Top half championship

Assombalonga - Promotion standard

Do you think this is a reasonable summarisation

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

A much more balanced squad?  With the addition of one attacking player, a left back and a right back?  I know I'm a parody of myself now but that doesn't seem to quite stack up to me, Ron?  We lost three attacking players and replaced them with one.  We've added a couple of fullbacks, which I think everyone is happy with, but I don't know if that alone makes us more balanced?  We've still got too many central midfielders and we have two reliable central defenders and that's before you go back to an attack that is going to be reliant on one or both of Fletcher and Johnson.  I think we're still some way from having a balanced squad and I suspect that Woodgate would agree with me tbh.

Are you counting Snakethwaite as one of our attackers we've lost ?. He hasn't been a part of the team since Xmas. We've actually gained something by him leaving. Spirit. 

Who are the other tacking players we have lost?