oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Going by Woodgate's comments, it's going to take Shotton a while to adjust to being a centre back again. Can the same be said for Friend then? All four of Friend, Shotton, Ayala and Fry have poor injury records (not to mention Ayala's disciplinary record). We're a couple of injuries from having even more square pegs in round holes, or having to play Gestede ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Browne came from West Ham, he’s not a league 1 player. 

Not really though... he has made 34 appearances for Oxford on loan and non for West Ham. That’s like saying Kalas was signed from Chelsea ....

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Sure, sorry I was being a bit pedantic. He may be ok, time will tell. 

He looks really promising, but we can't expect the likes of him to suddenly perform week in week out at a standard he's never played at before.

2 minutes ago, ron_manager said:

As so many seem to be panicking, I was thinking if we were to sell our whole squad what level of Championship clubs might they realistically play at and do a decent job.

The unknown/promising players, if they show their potential and if some of the other lower standard players hit some form we have a very decent squad.

Randolph – Promotion standard

Dicky Steel – Unknown/promising

Bolo – Unknown/promising

Ayala- Top half championship CB

Fry – Promotion standard

Shotton – Mid/lower championship

Friend – Mid/lower championship

Saville - Mid/lower championship

Johnson - Mid/lower championship

Howson – Promotion standard

Clayton – Promotion/Top half championship

Tav - Top half championship

McNair - Mid/lower championship

Wing - Promotion standard

Brown - Unknown/promising

Fletcher Top half championship

Assombalonga - Promotion standard

Do you think this is a reasonable summarisation

That’s an interesting way of looking at things. You aren’t far off with your assessment.

The way we perform will also be affected by the manager and coaching staff, they are an unknown quantity, currently. 

I'm back to my usual one game at a time outlook for the season. It's much less stressful that way. I like what Woodgate has said and done so far. If the recruitment team has let him down, he'll just have to do the best he can. I'll back him and just see what this season brings. I am a little bit disappointed as I thought we'd bring in a couple more names today but we can't change it, so onwards and upwards. 

• Like 3

Dijksteel at RB will help get the best out of Tavernier at RW so I think he's going flourish this season. Tavernier isn't the typical pacey and powerful winger so him having Dijksteel bombing forward down the line will open up lots of space for Tavernier to play within.

Just please don't say there's an overhaul coming off the back of this window Woodgate/Club/Gazette that's my 1 ask we get it you were 1-2 players short please don't overhaul the overhaul of Pulis' overhaul of the other Pulis overhaul of the Gibson overhaul of the Victor Orta overhaul of the Bausor overhaul of the Mogga overhaul of the Strachan overhaul.

Pretty please I'm losing track. 

2 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Out of interest, please can you cite some examples? 

Yeh I would be interest to hear this one.

As a caveat. I was not particularly enamoured with idea of Woody being manager.

The only thing I have heard Woodgate do is be passionate and honest in what he would like and how he wants to play.

So far his passion and desire has won me over. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

And if they’ve heard of it, they are even less likely to want to come! 

I'm ok I'm a wooly back I've had some right rucks with Mates/Colleagues for calling me a Geordie

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s an interesting way of looking at things. You aren’t far off with your assessment.

The way we perform will also be affected by the manager and coaching staff, they are an unknown quantity, currently. 

Exaclty. We have pretty much had from Karanka onwards a defensive mindset. We need an Espirit De Corp and a change in mentality. If we can pull the two things together we may surprise quite a few teams.