oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

It's a little harsh to say he lied, but he definitely messed up by talking about how thin our squad was. Was always going to come back to bite him if we didnt sign multiple players. 

I think it's just naivity though rather than any intent to deceive. Doesnt feel the same as all the rubbish pulis used to come out with.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, boroie said:

I'm interested in why we borrowed the money (twice) this summer? Did we need it to keep the lights on? 

Out of interest, anyone got any opinions here? 

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

10th-14th no higher potentially lower if we have bad luck with injuries 

I'd say that's our range yeah. Wouldnt be a bad result considering our current resources. 

Ah well, disappointing end but we kept everyone decent.

- I like what I've seen of Browne.

- Not a clue about Dijksteel but everyone seems to rate him who's watched his highlights.

- Similar for Bola, and he was Blackpool's player of the season.

- Hopefully Meijas never needs to play.

Could be worse. I think we're looking at between 14th and 10th myself, but that's about what I expected with Woodgate trying to imprint a new style.

19 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

Seriously, some of the comments on here ?‍♂️

I know. Obviously it isn't a perfect window but people need to look at where we are financially and be realistic about what they can expect. We tried to bring players in but we can't match the wages / fees that PL clubs want. That's the reality that people need to get used to. We could have bought more from the Championship and League One but some of the fees quoted are outrageous - like Toney for example. It's hard to convience people from abroad to come here unless we offer huge wages and look where that has got us recently.

I like reading some of this thread because there is a lot of good information about potential signings but there is so much moaning that makes it really tedious to read as it's just going over the same old ground and you have to go through it all to get to anything useful.

Be back in January. Hopefully we will have a good half of the season and there won't be as much moaning in the next transfer window.

• Like 2

Wheres all the doom and gloom come from? In all seriousness did people think we’d switch from Tony Pulis’ dross to world beaters over night? As much as TP went on about the budget and leaving the club healthier etc he’s still been a contributor to the situation we’re in now. 

I’m looking forward to the season. We’ve finally got full backs who want to attack. So what, yeah we probably lack in a few areas but we’ve got genuinely exciting players in our team who have come to this football club to develop rather than to treat it as a retirement home.

Fair enough, the aim for all of us is promotion. Whether that takes 2/3 seasons won’t matter as long as it happens. 

If come January we’re still lacking, the issue will be addressed I’m sure of that. 

UTB

• Like 3

Been fantastic reading on here the last 48 hours.  I’m new to this site (hi ?) but not the Boro.  At one stage we were batting of bids left right and centre for our prized assets, and we had four potential incomings.  

We had the Woody presser that mentioned probably only one incoming yesterday.  We must have poured everything we had into that deal as the four horsemen of the Boro-Apocalypse were on station at six AM.  So at the end to have manfully fought of all advances for our Multi Million £ stars it was a job well done??

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ron_manager said:

They are doing an offer on Pampers at Tesco. Get yerself down there lad. 

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

Just look at the squads son, especially after some of the signings today 

Absolutely no chance we break top 8 with our current squad

• Like 1

Just want to apologise that some of the info I gave didn't come to fruition etc. Personally I think we are short in places but glad we haven't blown money we don't have. No expectations from me for this season. Just looking forward to the roller coaster. For those who PMd today I didn't respond because I didn't have anything to give you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

Just look at the squads son, especially after some of the signings today 

Absolutely no chance we break top 8 with our current squad

I never said top 8 I was mocking you think we would almost be in a relegation battle.

Offer is still on son, don't forget some wipes as you don't want *** chaff ?

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just want to apologise that some of the info I gave didn't come to fruition etc. Personally I think we are short in places but glad we haven't blown money we don't have. No expectations from me for this season. Just looking forward to the roller coaster. For those who PMd today I didn't respond because I didn't have anything to give you.

No need to apologise, mate, not your fault if plans didn't come to pass. You can only pass on what you're told. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, boroie said:

Out of interest, anyone got any opinions here? 

At a guess, to be able to set the ball rolling for transfers etc or in case we couldn't move on the likes of Braithwaite and Flint. I think we wanted to move on more too, but maybe that allowed us to spend the money on the incomings we did get. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s an interesting way of looking at things. You aren’t far off with your assessment.

The way we perform will also be affected by the manager and coaching staff, they are an unknown quantity, currently. 

I for one trust our coaching staff...The amount of comments I've had here has cheered me up I just wish we had a chance of getting Michael Frey

Some ppl's expectations baffles me... 

I bet most teams in this league envy us our 3 young signings... 

Yes.. We could use another wide player... 

But dont cry, you didnt get pancakes... And eat your goddamn vegetables!! 

• Like 3