oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, ron_manager said:

I never said top 8 I was mocking you think we would almost be in a relegation battle.

Offer is still on son, don't forget some wipes as you don't want *** chaff ?

Thought the gif established that it was very poor craic...

I said 10th-14th potentially a bit lower with injury bad luck, there are 24 teams in the championship and only 3 go down ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Everyone had a meltdown we were selling ass, Randolph, fry etc non of that’s happened. We have always said we have had a strong core nothing’s changed and we’ve added players that make us a lot more balanced, I understand it seems other teams around us seem to be getting stronger, but again how many have said that the team under Pulis alone would have been higher up the table under a different manager/style and we were there or there abouts then so relax and enjoy ?

• Like 1

I'm guessing - generally assuming from how people have been reacting - that if we'd had one more incoming up front, people would have been a lot happier? So that's one player short of being a lot more positive. I think we probably needed that - but it's a long way from being more positive to thinking we're going to be down the bottom end of the league. 

Reckon we'll be mid-table with a chance at top 8 if things click. 

• Like 1

We signed 3x league 1 players.... But we let go some high earners and kept our best players. If we'd signed another attacker and cd cover it would have been a good window considering our financial situation. Overall the window was better than I expected, just not quite as good as I hoped. C+

• Like 1

I'm guessing - generally assuming from how people have been reacting - that if we'd had one more incoming up front, people would have been a lot happier? So that's one player short of being a lot more positive. I think we probably needed that - but it's a long way from being more positive to thinking we're going to be down the bottom end of the league. 

Reckon we'll be mid-table with a chance at top 8 if things click. 

4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just want to apologise that some of the info I gave didn't come to fruition etc. Personally I think we are short in places but glad we haven't blown money we don't have. No expectations from me for this season. Just looking forward to the roller coaster. For those who PMd today I didn't respond because I didn't have anything to give you.

No need to apologise mate. I’m new to this forum, been lurking for a while and posting on fmttm since it started but have enjoyed all the info on here these last couple of weeks. Especially on this thread where no one mentions Brexit ?

• Like 1

Happy with the over all transfer dealings of the summer. Setting us up for next season whilst being competitive this season. I'd be happy with top half and a good implementation of Woodgates style. Give young players a chance to develop. We wont get relegated and we wont get top 6 so we might as well give younger players experience and exposure to the championship. 

8 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just want to apologise that some of the info I gave didn't come to fruition etc.

Majority of your info proves to have very solid foundations. It's greatly appreciated. Transfers sometimes fall through, that's the nature of the beast.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Out of interest, please can you cite some examples? 

1. Braithwaite wanting to be here, and when left out was ill.

"He's had a sickness and diarrhea bug which can't be helped,"

2. Definitely replacing Flint when we let him go.

"We'll get a replacement," he said.

3. That we'd address the lack of creativity and pace upfront.

"(We need) bits of pace in the team, in the attack, maybe a player who can link play up as a No.10.

He said: "We need players in different areas of the pitch, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what we need - but we will get them players."

5. After Browne & Bola, he said the squad is thin and we'd sign a few.

“Hopefully there will be more,” he said. “Definitely (more) signings before transfer deadline day."

I know things change, but if stuff ain't 100% going to happen it's better to be honest and say nothing then lie to us. I'm happy with the sort of signings we are going for but we still ain't addressed what we've been told would be addressed for the last three windows. I hope these three outfield players come on leaps and bounds at us, but the fact is we are one or two injuries away from being in a terrible situation. I'd much rather Woodgate say nothing, then fill us will hope and false information.

Hopefully we'll sign 2 or 3 in January to give us some more depth and quality that we desperately need.

Just now, RiversideRed said:

1. Braithwaite wanting to be here, and when left out was ill.

"He's had a sickness and diarrhea bug which can't be helped,"

2. Definitely replacing Flint when we let him go.

"We'll get a replacement," he said.

3. That we'd address the lack of creativity and pace upfront.

"(We need) bits of pace in the team, in the attack, maybe a player who can link play up as a No.10.

He said: "We need players in different areas of the pitch, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what we need - but we will get them players."

5. After Browne & Bola, he said the squad is thin and we'd sign a few.

“Hopefully there will be more,” he said. “Definitely (more) signings before transfer deadline day."

I know things change, but if stuff ain't 100% going to happen it's better to be honest and say nothing then lie to us. I'm happy with the sort of signings we are going for but we still ain't addressed what we've been told would be addressed for the last three windows. I hope these three outfield players come on leaps and bounds at us, but the fact is we are one or two injuries away from being in a terrible situation. I'd much rather Woodgate say nothing, then fill us will hope and false information.

Give over. Worst. Post. Ever.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned earlier, about tav being able to operate better on the wing? now we have wingers that bomb on and him cutting inside or as well the possibility of Coulson playing left wing and bola lb. are these viable options do we think? Sessegnon could play lb and lw and bale also was originally lb spurs/woody conspiracy connection right there. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, whitey said:

Everyone had a meltdown we were selling ass, Randolph, fry etc non of that’s happened. We have always said we have had a strong core nothing’s changed and we’ve added players that make us a lot more balanced, I understand it seems other teams around us seem to be getting stronger, but again how many have said that the team under Pulis alone would have been higher up the table under a different manager/style and we were there or there abouts then so relax and enjoy ?

Guilty

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

Just look at the squads son, especially after some of the signings today 

Absolutely no chance we break top 8 with our current squad

Which of the other play off/promotion contenders had really good windows, when you also take into consideration the players they’ve lost?

wba have lost Gayle and Rodriguez, Fulham have lost Sessegnon, Brentford Maupay, sawyers and Konza. Leeds have lost Janssen and Roofe, Derby lost all their loan stars and still have Keogh in defence. Huddersfield have lost quite a few too namely Mooy, Zanka and Billing. And so on. We kept all the players we wanted especially our star players. While we didn’t have a perfect window neither did a lot of clubs and I’m sure quite a few supporters around the league can name positions where they are weak. 

I don’t think there is a standout team on paper just like last year so everything is certainly up for grabs. There are certainly not 8 teams that are definitely better than ours. 

• Like 4