Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I don't think we've weakened our squad with the outgoings (bar Mikel who we were never going to keep), but I am not sure we've strengthened either.

We've made good additions, who have potential.

We've kept our best players and we still have a strong spine, but our depth just isn't there in key areas. We are going to rely heavily on Randolph, Fry, Ayala and Britt. More worrying is our hopes of Wing doing it week in week out.

I think we just about have a first 11 that can push for playoffs, lose 2 or more and were hoping for top half.

One thing for sure, this season's football will be better to watch than the last season and a half.. I was struggling to drag myself to games and I was being paid to be there ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What a window!  

Firstly - huge thanks to the ITK posters.  For those who say we were told we were in for 4 etc... I fully believe we were but we were never going to pay inflated agents fees/loan fees.  

I do believe we end the window in a better position than we started.  We may not have the strength in depth that some wanted but we addressed the situation of poor fullbacks and massively reduced the wage bill.  We bought in Browne who could prove to be buy of the season.

With a little luck on the injury front and a stadium full of red noise we can thoroughly enjoy this season.  We are going to play in a new style - a style that many fans have previously said they'd accept being mid table for.  Let's see what happens.

UTB

• Like 6

Just back from being down south all day, and catching up on what I haven't missed. Disappointed we haven't added any more wide players, given our historic lack of pace on the wings, but the best thing we've done all window is keep Randolph. He earned us a point against Luton, and his weekly worldies are priceless. Despite his abysmal penalty, Assombalonga is a player any team in the league would love to have, and I can't think of a better CB pairing than Fry and Ayala. 

The important players from last season are still here, and we have three pacy, exciting young prospects for fullback and wide positions. All these people saying "no way we'll make top 8" - look at the other 23 squads in this league, and you might reconsider.

And if we do finish 9th or lower, (a) we should at least be entertained along the way, (b) we're giving youth a chance rather than throwing tens of thousands of pounds a week at disinterested mercenaries, and (c) the Japanese knotweed known as Tony Pulis can no longer throttle the life out of attacking players, who might now be able to cross the halfway line without being dunked in boiling oil in the dressing room afterwards.

• Like 3

Best business we done was keeping hold of Britt, fry, and Randolph this window could have been a lot worse... I am looking forward for the rest of the season 

• Like 5

Unsurprisingly we struggle to bring players into the club again, I find it hard to understand how similar sized clubs to us with similar resources can get deals over the line where we can't. 

We are clearly lacking players in certain areas and we've left ourselves short again.

Someone made a great point earlier about us not looking hard enough abroad for signings where the value for money is a lot better. 

I think we will finish somewhere around midtable with the current squad, if we are lucky enough with injuries we could finish in the top 10. If we are unlucky with injuries we might be in a bit of trouble. 

• Like 1

It could have been a lot worse when we thought we were going to lose Britt and Fry. Ok maybe a couple of players light but overall not a bad window. If we carry on like we played against luton but getting the defence more organised i think we could have an exciting season looking forward to it.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Wing didn’t get a good run in the team as well last year despite him being our saviour, I mean best player he kept getting benched so if he’s playing constantly this year will make a huge difference as well

19 minutes ago, velocitractor said:

I notice a lot of people overrating Charlie Austin. He's a permacrock who doesn't really score goals anymore. He's not gonna set the league on fire, I don't think he's that kinda player.

He hasn't missed that many games through his career really, wasn't injured at all last season and is a 1 in 3 prem striker better than 1 in 2 in the championship

He'll score goals for West Brom I have no doubt

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

He hasn't missed that many games through his career really, wasn't injured at all last season and is a 1 in 3 prem striker better than 1 in 2 in the championship

He'll score goals for West Brom I have no doubt

Not 1 in 3 for Southampton though, and hasn't played in the championship since Rudy Gestede was scoring goals.