oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

11 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Just seen Fulham got Bobby Reid. As if there front 3 wasn’t good enough..

if they don’t get top 2 with the squad they have, I’d be extremely suprised.

Edit: And Harrison Reed from Saints

Edit 2: And Josh Onomah. 

If anything this league has shown that throwing money at it doesn't work. (OK Villa succeeded last year but it took them three years of massive spending). We failed with the approach, Stoke failed miserably and Fulham failed with the approach just last year albeit in the Prem. To top it off they have rookie manager and a squad that probably expects to walk the league. They even lost at Barnsley on the opening day. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I haven't posted in a long time for various reasons but been passing information onto 3 active members who subsequently have posted on my behalf (couldn't be bothered with the constant arguing of who is ITK or not).

Transfer window was exactly what i had been expecting after the information i had received, however what annoys me about the whole situation is the constant lies and same mistakes over the past 6 weeks transfer windows (baring 1 window under Monk).

In Woodgate's press conference Gibson was asked directly if the club were 'skint' which he denied and said he would back the manager like he has done every other manager - totally ***.

Woodgate was given the job over other managers because he was the only who agreed to let the recruitment team to take charge of transfers and he would only receive 50% of whatever we received in terms of outgoing transfers. 

Gibson wanted a yes man and unfortunately Woodgate was the only manager willing to let that happen because it was something too big of an opportunity to turn down for obvious reasons.

We all knew we had to balance the books because of past mistakes and staff, players on big salaries and no parachute payments. 

I dont think we have a bad squad and it was vital that we kept Wing, Fry, Britt and Randolph however they have all been informed that we will be looking to shift them on January/Next summer if we fail to win promotion as we need to balance the books even further.

We have saved over 200k per week on wages alone from last season.

Woodgates philosophy is going to be really exciting to watch, but unless a miracle happens then unfortunately selling assets is a sign of things to come and using academy players.

Personally i think we we were only 1 short of a really good transfer window and getting in an attacking player with pace which we have been crying out for years.

Ryan Kent was the number 1 target but we borked at the asking price.

The club is completely broke and i just hope that Woodgate doesnt get drawn into Gibson's constantly lying to the fans.

Love him or hate him, Pulis was extremely honest in his press conferences with what was happening behind the scenes.

Gibson's name will still get sang around the stadium because of past history by the rose tinted glass fans.

Forget about him being a business man for a second. For a guy who loves the club as much as he says he does, he is ripping off the paying customer with his dishonesty and same mistakes.

Before blaming recruitment team - please think who is paying and hiring the same recruitment team as the past 6 transfer windows.

We all have different opinions on what is happening at the club and we all have disagreements because of the love we have for OUR club. 

No matter what i personally think of Gibson i will always pay my money to see the club i love as we all will.

UTFB (I cant wait to get criticised by certain posters as normal for this post and opinion)

Welcome back to the madhouse.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I haven't posted in a long time for various reasons but been passing information onto 3 active members who subsequently have posted on my behalf (couldn't be bothered with the constant arguing of who is ITK or not).

Transfer window was exactly what i had been expecting after the information i had received, however what annoys me about the whole situation is the constant lies and same mistakes over the past 6 weeks transfer windows (baring 1 window under Monk).

In Woodgate's press conference Gibson was asked directly if the club were 'skint' which he denied and said he would back the manager like he has done every other manager - totally ***.

Woodgate was given the job over other managers because he was the only who agreed to let the recruitment team to take charge of transfers and he would only receive 50% of whatever we received in terms of outgoing transfers. 

Gibson wanted a yes man and unfortunately Woodgate was the only manager willing to let that happen because it was something too big of an opportunity to turn down for obvious reasons.

We all knew we had to balance the books because of past mistakes and staff, players on big salaries and no parachute payments. 

I dont think we have a bad squad and it was vital that we kept Wing, Fry, Britt and Randolph however they have all been informed that we will be looking to shift them on January/Next summer if we fail to win promotion as we need to balance the books even further.

We have saved over 200k per week on wages alone from last season.

Woodgates philosophy is going to be really exciting to watch, but unless a miracle happens then unfortunately selling assets is a sign of things to come and using academy players.

Personally i think we we were only 1 short of a really good transfer window and getting in an attacking player with pace which we have been crying out for years.

Ryan Kent was the number 1 target but we borked at the asking price.

The club is completely broke and i just hope that Woodgate doesnt get drawn into Gibson's constantly lying to the fans.

Love him or hate him, Pulis was extremely honest in his press conferences with what was happening behind the scenes.

Gibson's name will still get sang around the stadium because of past history by the rose tinted glass fans.

Forget about him being a business man for a second. For a guy who loves the club as much as he says he does, he is ripping off the paying customer with his dishonesty and same mistakes.

Before blaming recruitment team - please think who is paying and hiring the same recruitment team as the past 6 transfer windows.

We all have different opinions on what is happening at the club and we all have disagreements because of the love we have for OUR club. 

No matter what i personally think of Gibson i will always pay my money to see the club i love as we all will.

UTFB (I cant wait to get criticised by certain posters as normal for this post and opinion)

Thank you for an informative post Diggerlad07. It is appreciated.

I heard from a few fans we are skint and also that manager is only going to get half of  the fees we receive. Which seems about right given we got £9m in and spent approx £3m.

Can I just ask. If we are skint do you know why club even bothered asking about Ryan Kent?

17 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If anything this league has shown that throwing money at it doesn't work. (OK Villa succeeded last year but it took them three years of massive spending). We failed with the approach, Stoke failed miserably and Fulham failed with the approach just last year albeit in the Prem. To top it off they have rookie manager and a squad that probably expects to walk the league. They even lost at Barnsley on the opening day. 

Yeah good point. In fairness to Fulham they’ve signed players that have done it at this level. Knockhaert, Cavaliero, Reid, Arter, they’ve all proved themselves. But yeah, they could end up finishing mid table which is why this league is like no other. Best in the world! 

Btw looking at the list of free agents on transfermarkt there are quite a few players on there although I don't know any of them ? We could always bring in Sturridge.........

Don't agree with the overall assesment by Diggerlad but respect his viewpoint. I too was wondering who our actual attacking target was in the midst of the many names thrown around. If it was Kent and it has been reported that Liverpool wanted in the order of £6m for him I just don't understand how we were even thinking about it.

Could possibly have been a loan with options to buy in January or the summer I guess 

just have to hope that those players remaining , such as marvin/ fletcher step up to the plate over the next few months

16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Thank you for an informative post Diggerlad07. It is appreciated.

I heard from a few fans we are skint and also that manager is only going to get half of  the fees we receive. Which seems about right given we got £9m in and spent approx £3m.

Can I just ask. If we are skint do you know why club even bothered asking about Ryan Kent?

From what i know we were hoping to shift McNair (start of window), Saville, Shotton, Johnson(start of window) and Gestede to raise funds.

When that didn't happen we thought Liverpool may back down and offer him out to loan but they stood their ground and only wanted a permanent transfer.

From what i got told last night, Woodgate's hands are completely tied for the foreseeable and it all depends on outgoings on who we get in.

Again going back to my point from yesterday about waiting and seeing; do we think the club will look to sell Britt, Randolph and/or Fry in January if it's going well?

Obviously it's a bit of a moot point unless we're actually in that position and I don't think anybody really expects us to be there (something I'm quite glad about, I've got low expectations this year). But even if we don't strengthen in January in that position, I can't see us actively looking to sell if we're up and among the best in the league. Unless it's daft money, of course. But then I think even fans would turn round and say if we're say making a big profit on Britt or Randolph that it's the kind of offer they'd accept as we'd probably accept in a lot of circumstances other than a thoroughly healthy financial position.

Problem with Britt is if you don't sell him in January then next summer he'll be availble much cheaper as he will only have a year left on his contract. If he's doing well, we may cash in and then it means next summer we would have plenty of funds and lots of wages saved by players of contract to properly reset the club.

Either way next summer, all be it far away will be quite concerning with so many players either out of contract, or entering final years of contracts such as Britt and Randolph.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Again going back to my point from yesterday about waiting and seeing; do we think the club will look to sell Britt, Randolph and/or Fry in January if it's going well?

Obviously it's a bit of a moot point unless we're actually in that position and I don't think anybody really expects us to be there (something I'm quite glad about, I've got low expectations this year). But even if we don't strengthen in January in that position, I can't see us actively looking to sell if we're up and among the best in the league. Unless it's daft money, of course. But then I think even fans would turn round and say if we're say making a big profit on Britt or Randolph that it's the kind of offer they'd accept as we'd probably accept in a lot of circumstances other than a thoroughly healthy financial position.

How much longer will those players have left on their contracts? I'd guess Britt and Randolph will have 18 months left in January. 

If that's the case then I can see us trying to actively shift them out of the club rather than allow them to get into the final year of their contracts (especially if we are skint). 

4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@diggerlad07 ain't we trying to tie down Wingy and Tav? I guess it means so we get more coin. What I don't understand is how we haven't had a plan b or c or d for a winger. Again it's eggs in one basket like Bolasie but this time Kent. 

I have no idea if we are trying to tie them down to bigger contracts, but it would make sense wouldnt it?

Its the high earners like Britt and Randolph who have a large sell on value that makes it necessairly to ship them out of the club.

I guess we knew we couldnt afford to let them go this window or maybe January or run the risk of the worse case scenario.

• Thanks 1

A lot of talk about us being skint but is this because Steve Gibson cannot put more money in because of the Fair Play Rules, or because he chooses not to? There is a world of difference. If it is the former, then a lot of fans are slagging the club and him off unfairly. I take the point that there is a lack of transparency in what the fans are being told, but the club is after all still a business which needs some aspects of privacy to operate successfully.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ash said:

Aye, you're right. I am very grateful to Gibson for all he's done but I was shocked when he lied on camera about the money situation. No one really listened to me when I was trying to tell them how bad it was behind the scenes. I hope it all works out for us like it did for Norwich ?

what did you want, we're up the creak without a paddle and it's a fire sale......
he bluffed and we got ok money for the players we shipped out.

Not ethically sound but understandable in the circumstances.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I have no idea if we are trying to tie them down to bigger contracts, but it would make sense wouldnt it?

Its the high earners like Britt and Randolph who have a large sell on value that makes it necessairly to ship them out of the club.

I guess we knew we couldnt afford to let them go this window or maybe January or run the risk of the worse case scenario.

Good to have you back again. 

• Like 1