Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

On 8/9/2019 at 10:38 PM, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You mean Adrian Bevington who had his own boro fanzine, has wrote numerous books on you've guessed it football, worked at the FA (stands for football association fyi) since the 90s and was one of their longest standing associates, then worked at several premier League clubs before joining Boro.

Yeah not a football man at all, doesn't sound like he even likes football

By football men I mean suitably qualified or experienced in scouting players. 

Neither have any background in identifying players yet they are apparently part of 'the committee'. 

I brought all this up when everyone was wetting themselves with excitement about this great new era that was beginning. Guess what, we've been poor in the transfer market again. 

18 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Neither have any background in identifying players yet they are apparently part of 'the committee'. 

I brought all this up when everyone was wetting themselves with excitement about this great new era that was beginning. Guess what, we've been poor in the transfer market again. 

Calling it poor is a bit harsh imo.

We got 3 of woodgates top targets in, and we didn't pay over the odds to do so.

I know we could have done with another one or possibly even two, but overall I still think it was a decent enough window.

With all of the latest gossip/rumour/speculation regarding the ins and outs of the window I can only simply conclude based upon this is that "something ain't right and is rather fishy"

More questions than answers which surely is not a good thing. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I don't think Bausor or AB are the ones identifying players, however they deal with the financial sides of things. I'd imagine they are the ones talking to agents and vetting the players. I assume AB has a lot of contacts so will get the inside information on players and their agents while Bausor thrash out the contracts. Woodgate will then speak to the players to sell his vision. AB and Bausor are obviously not scouts so I very much doubt that they are identifying players. AB might get some tips from his network though. The idea of a committee is that the members all bring different specialities. Whether that works is another matter, but maybe it's all futile if the top man says no to any more transfers.

Lonergan might be signing for Liverpool as a free agent. Let's hope we get them in the cup so we can exploit his weakness of saving shots that are slightly to either side of him.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I don't think Bausor or AB are the ones identifying players, however they deal with the financial sides of things. I'd imagine they are the ones talking to agents and vetting the players. I assume AB has a lot of contacts so will get the inside information on players and their agents while Bausor thrash out the contracts. Woodgate will then speak to the players to sell his vision. AB and Bausor are obviously not scouts so I very much doubt that they are identifying players. AB might get some tips from his network though. The idea of a committee is that the members all bring different specialities. Whether that works is another matter, but maybe it's all futile if the top man says no to any more transfers.

If Bauser is dealing with finances and Bevington is using his contracts to vet players then I'd say that is utilising there skills effectively, however the tone of various Gazette articles suggest they are more hands with identifying players. 

Like you say it's all irrelevant if Gibson is over ruling  decisions anyway. 

My concern is that we've been totally useless in the market for a number of windows and with the same personel in the same positions I can't see anything changing. 

As for this window we've signed 3 players from league 1, they are cheap gambles and the chance of them all stepping up a level is pretty slim.

In Woodgate's own words we didn't strengthen is areas we wanted to and with a few injuries we could be in a spot of bother. That doesn't strike me as being a good window at all. 

20 minutes ago, Duvel said:

If Bauser is dealing with finances and Bevington is using his contracts to vet players then I'd say that is utilising there skills effectively, however the tone of various Gazette articles suggest they are more hands with identifying players. 

Like you say it's all irrelevant if Gibson is over ruling  decisions anyway. 

My concern is that we've been totally useless in the market for a number of windows and with the same personel in the same positions I can't see anything changing. 

As for this window we've signed 3 players from league 1, they are cheap gambles and the chance of them all stepping up a level is pretty slim.

In Woodgate's own words we didn't strengthen is areas we wanted to and with a few injuries we could be in a spot of bother. That doesn't strike me as being a good window at all. 

I understand what you are saying I'm just trying to apply my own kind of common sense to how this committee is supposed to work. I can't see why someone like Bausor would identify a player. I agree that on incomings the window hasn't been particularly good. I like that we have signed two young and energetic full backs. We've been needing that for years. However I don't think that Browne is just going to turn around our lack of creativity and I don't think Johnson is good enough despite are decent start to the season. And Fletcher is a striker and not a winger. We definately miss some signings but I guess if Gibson really did pull out of two loans then he's had his reasons, which is probably money, and that's his decision to make. Very annoying though as everyone can see that we are missing at least a winger. But I suppose that's better than a fine or points deduction for not complying with FFP if that's the difference (making a complete shambles out of the Woodgate press conference where Gibson said he'd back Woodgate). 

If there is no money whatsoever what do you want the club to do really? Beyond selling up, running the club into the ground or selling fry, wing and assombalonga I dont think we could have done much more in the market all things considered- that doesnt make it a good window but it legitimises our moves in the market.

The one criticism that I would really level at the club in terms of what we did with the money we have is that weve again ignored the foreign market. It's much cheaper to get talent in from abroad and then sell on than it is in any of the english leagues so that's where we need to be putting our scouting resources. 

22 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I understand what you are saying I'm just trying to apply my own kind of common sense to how this committee is supposed to work. I can't see why someone like Bausor would identify a player. I agree that on incomings the window hasn't been particularly good. I like that we have signed two young and energetic full backs. We've been needing that for years. However I don't think that Browne is just going to turn around our lack of creativity and I don't think Johnson is good enough despite are decent start to the season. And Fletcher is a striker and not a winger. We definately miss some signings but I guess if Gibson really did pull out of two loans then he's had his reasons, which is probably money, and that's his decision to make. Very annoying though as everyone can see that we are missing at least a winger. But I suppose that's better than a fine or points deduction for not complying with FFP if that's the difference (making a complete shambles out of the Woodgate press conference where Gibson said he'd back Woodgate). 

I agree with you, in most other football clubs there would be no logic in letting someone like Bauser get involved with recruitment. However I could write you a list as long as my arm about things we've done that completely defy logic in the last few years. 

I agree with your other points about signings and lack of creativity in the team. 

40 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If there is no money whatsoever what do you want the club to do really? Beyond selling up, running the club into the ground or selling fry, wing and assombalonga I dont think we could have done much more in the market all things considered- that doesnt make it a good window but it legitimises our moves in the market.

The one criticism that I would really level at the club in terms of what we did with the money we have is that weve again ignored the foreign market. It's much cheaper to get talent in from abroad and then sell on than it is in any of the english leagues so that's where we need to be putting our scouting resources. 

This is what I've been calling out for since Karanka left, if money is tight then we need to be creative rather than adopt the parochial attitude that we seem to have nowadays. 

57 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

By all account it sounded like we had a deal agreed for a winger in Belgium but he had a change of heart. Bausor and AB even flew out to finalise the deal.

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I appreciate that but the fact still remains that braithwaite is the last player we signed from overseas (dont include mikel because there was no scouting required).

I agree, we seem to be purposefully limiting our pool of players. Think the value for money in the European market is so much better than the UK.

A really recent example is Neal Maupay. Brentford signed him from Saint-Etienne for £1.6 Million (reportedly) after he had a decent spell at Brest in Ligue 2. Then have gone on to sell him for £20 Million.

We should be looking at these leagues, certainly if we are looking for "more bang for our buck" (Gazette's favourite phrase).