oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

37 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Just on a side note, going back to the appointment of Woodgate, all the talk about the 'interview' process, the ex Fulham Manager etc., if we are as 'skint' as we seem to be was this actual fact or fiction?

Why would we even go down that route in the knowledge we couldn't deliver the transfer budget necessary? was it simply a PR exercise to appease the fans? 

I think it was 95% JW but we were just putting our feelers on the off chance someone put their name forward with reasonable demands. I don't believe we did it for absolutely no reason because it would've been better for the fans to swallow if it had just come out straight away rather than have Jokanovic dangled in front of us.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I think it was 95% JW but we were just putting our feelers on the off chance someone put their name forward with reasonable demands. I don't believe we did it for absolutely no reason because it would've been better for the fans to swallow if it had just come out straight away rather than have Jokanovic dangled in front of us.

I think its a little bit of this, but also a little bit of "Season tickets were open for renewal and coming out and saying its JW right up front would have dented those figures". Making it look like we are in the hunt will have had people sound more interested. I feel like if he said right away JW and we are broke, then we'd have had less people signing up, not a huge amount less but still less. Likewise with the exciting loan signings everyone was expecting 

7 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

As I said in a different thread I have a feeling we got played by a bit of PR spin this summer. Gibson said himself Woodgate was the only one in the press conference.

I mean, just to further that, I'm pretty sure Gibson/Bausor alluded to a managerial search and said that essentially Woody was the only candidate worth hiring out of the lot, not that he was the only candidate we interviewed or anything.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:54 PM, thatoldchestnut said:

I wonder what happened to Calum Roberts who was on trial after being released by Newcastle. He played at least one U23 game and was supposed to play last Friday but didn't?

I thought he had signed

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Talking with Matty Jarvis 

Just looked up and turns out his family is from Boro, had no idea but guess you wouldn't given they moved to Guildford the year he was born. Could be worse on a short term deal, I guess.