oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I read last week that Wolves are willing to listen to offers, both permanent and loan, for Adama, Cavalerio and Helder Costa. I would love any one of the 3 here on loan for a season. The latter 2 scored 10 and 17 goals respectively from wide right and wide left in the championship season.

These 3 might be a bit ambitious but don't think its too unrealistic to hope one could end up on here on loan. Plus would maybe go a small way to winning some fans over.

I also remember TP saying something down the lines of Wolves have said they would look after us and they have done so when we got Batth on loan. I am not sure if we have formed a good working relationship with them as a result of the Adama sale.

Please dont ask me to find article for the above bit as I think i would struggle but I do vaguely remember TP saying something to that affect, most likely in one of his pre match media conferences and not something that appeared in the written media.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

marcus maddison available on a free....

He's signing for Portsmouth along with Gestede and Gareth Bale

would be a great coup for portsmouth if they can land bale, would send a real message to english football.

Peterborough have a one year extension clause on Maddison's contract which they're going to activate so he has effectively got a year left so will still cost a significant fee:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/peterborough-united-move-quickly-to-sign-four-new-players-1-8915995

still only has 2.5 million release clause which wont be changed and he wants out.

Peterborough have a one year extension clause on Maddison's contract which they're going to activate so he has effectively got a year left so will still cost a significant fee:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/peterborough-united-move-quickly-to-sign-four-new-players-1-8915995

still only has 2.5 million release clause which wont be changed and he wants out.

Yeah I know but I was just trying to clear up that he wasn't actually going to be a free transfer.

Isn’t Maddison in and out of the Peterborough team? I’m not sure he is the answer but then again I haven’t seen him play.

I’ll ask the same question I ask every summer someone wants Maddison.

He’s clearly one of the best players in league 1 and has been for a few seasons, he’s clearly going for pretty cheap.

Why has he got all the way to the end of his contract and never got a move to a championship club? Not even an Ipswich/sheff wed/other mid table type club have tried to get him.

Purely on paper he would improve us, plays in a position we need filling, good set piece taker and gets assists and goals and I think he’s even from the area. I don’t think we’ve ever once had a solid interest in him even last summer when we were desperate for a RW.

Just something off about this guy.

Yeah Marcus Maddison seems to have a big question mark over his character and at 25 year old he isn't a young player anymore. Tomlin came with the same risks but that transfer worked out well and we cashed out at the right time before he went downhill. There have been a lot of #10's from League One who have made the step up to the Championship and beyond successfully like Tomlin, Dack and James Maddison so there is cause to be optimistic that he can similarly make the step up. We need lots of creative players such as wingers and number #10's this summer so Maddison will surely be on out target list somewhere.

9,12,10 goals in the last 3 seasons in all competitions.18 23,23 assists in the last 3 seasons, contributing to 30+ goals a season continuously is pretty exceptional. I think it's his demeanour that must put people off, questionable attitude maybe, enjoys the lifestyle too much for some people I'd suggest.

Grealish had the same question makes the season before last, look at him now...

Anyway, the one thing I want more than anything this summer is some imagination with our recruitment. Braithwaite aside, the last time we signed a player that wasnt from within the English leagues (leaving mikel out as his reputation was obviously forged in England) was the recruitment of negredo, de Roon, Fischer etc in the 2016 summer window.

Weve had 2, soon to be 3, managers since then. Bargains within the English leagues are difficult to find, weve overpaid on almost every player weve signed this way. Surely we need to take a look at what were doing here because it's a shambles and will continue to be until we look to the foreign markets like every other club does.

I still fear it's a bit of xenophobia following the karanka departure. All the blame went on the "Spanish speakers" and perhaps Gibson wants to avoid the potential of that happening again - I dont know. But there has to be some explanation for it, and this seems most likely to me