oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I agree with the above comments regarding our squad.

The spine of our team is fine. Its 2 full backs and 2 wide men we need and then a sub GK and a striker.

In my opinion our squad is not actually carrying much dead wood as it has previously. I think apart from Marv Johnson, Rudy and Braithwaite the rest all got a part to play unless there a good offer/better replacement.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I completely forget about Johnson every time Haha. Imagine he stayed and was our player of the season 

When did we even buy him? Was he a monk purchase? I remember he was like a last minute buy but I can't remember when.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I completely forget about Johnson every time Haha. Imagine he stayed and was our player of the season 

Yeah, just imagine how bad a season we'd probably have to have for something like that to happen ?

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

When did we even buy him? Was he a monk purchase? I remember he was like a last minute buy but I can't remember when.

It was the summer following relegation that we bought him.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

It was the summer following relegation that we bought him.

Didn’t Monk buy him from his mate who was manager of Oxford at the time?

Very similar to when Moyes bought Hugill from his old club Preston for a bargain £10m!

Yep, his stats weren't even that good in league one and for some reason we decided he was worth £3m, I mean he could have some use as a back up left winger this season he did have a couple of really good games for us. There's no way we're getting anything close to our investment back on him...

14 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Yep, his stats weren't even that good in league one and for some reason we decided he was worth £3m, I mean he could have some use as a back up left winger this season he did have a couple of really good games for us. There's no way we're getting anything close to our investment back on him...

TBF to him, he looked as if he could step up a division when I watched him in cup games for Oxford. 

And ofcourse he played well against us, so that sticks him on the buy list straight away

Anyone remember the game against QPR at home, in Monks first season? Johnson was the best player on the pitch, and had so much confidence, pace and directness in his play. Think he got two assists that day. 

Could be a player worth hanging onto if he’s on cheap wages. We aren’t exactly going to get loads of cash for him.

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Anyone remember the game against QPR at home, in Monks first season? Johnson was the best player on the pitch, and had so much confidence, pace and directness in his play. Think he got two assists that day. 

Could be a player worth hanging onto if he’s on cheap wages. We aren’t exactly going to get loads of cash for him.

a lot of his issues came from poor decision making, but you could mitigate that by saying the style of play under Monk was a mess, and Pullis ball didn't suit him.

• Like 1

I remember the reports around the time about Johnson being the next Jamie Vardy ?similar to the hype of De Roon being the new Kante the season before.

Tbf to Johnson he did look a decent player against QPR it was sad to see his confidence shatter game by game after that mind.

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati

Seen the Gazette article where it said 3 of the young GKs are training with first team - Pears 21, James 20 and Hemming 19. Randolph being only senior GK we have but he got extra week off

It would therefore make sense us re-signing Lonergan to be 3rd choice and letting all the above 3 go out and get league games under their belt as opposed to make them 3rd choice keepers at our club and stifle their development somewhat.

The following 9 from development squads are with the first team:

Djed Spence RB (19)
Sam Stubbs CB (20)
Nathan Wood CB (17)
Hayden Coulson LB (21)
Patrick Reading LB (20)

Connor Malley CM (18)
Ben Liddle CM (20)

Ste Walker CF (18)
Luke Armstrong CF (23).

I think out of them 9 there are 4 that are most likely to make a breakthrough based on what we heard - Spence, Wood, Malley and Walker. 

Coulson the left back is an interesting one. He was highly regarded 2yrs ago but then suffered an injury. Could be a make or break season for him as he one of the older members of the development squad now

• Like 1