Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Season long loan.

His 3 year contract ends next summer I'm guessing it's what we did with McGinley whose 4 year deal would have ended this summer I think we realise we can't command fees because they've played so little football and low tier clubs would prefer to try them on loan before they commit wages on 2/3 year contracts.

We also declined the option on Dan Ward's contract the Newcastle midfielder we signed to a 1 year deal who played almost every game last season suspect the U23 squad is going to be full of 18/19 year olds this season with a handful of 20/17 year olds. 

Re the discussion about whether we play 4-3-3, a diamond or 4-1-4-1, surely Woodgate will be looking for versatile players who can switch between different roles depending on the opposition and how a match is progressing? We've been one-dimensional for years, and I'm sure it's something the club are trying to address (a) to meet the stated objective of getting the fans excited again and (b) so teams haven't figured us out by Christmas and worked out how to stop us playing.

I'd expect us to start with different formations throughout next season, rather than Karanka's rigid 4-2-3-1, or Pulis's 4-5_____________________1.

25 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

His 3 year contract ends next summer I'm guessing it's what we did with McGinley whose 4 year deal would have ended this summer I think we realise we can't command fees because they've played so little football and low tier clubs would prefer to try them on loan before they commit wages on 2/3 year contracts.

We also declined the option on Dan Ward's contract the Newcastle midfielder we signed to a 1 year deal who played almost every game last season suspect the U23 squad is going to be full of 18/19 year olds this season with a handful of 20/17 year olds. 

guess this goes with us wanting players of his age pushing for 1st team positions by now, rather than blocking a space for someone younger who could make it further

Just now, mendieta420 said:

I've seen them reported to be asking for 20mil for Butland.. if they sell him for anything near that, why would they expect us to sell Randolph for anything less?

Exactly, we should look for more than whatever they get.

Randolph is a weird one for me. Best keeper in the league, probably our best player but then again is there enough between the keepers in this league to warrant turning down a ridiculous bid? Say 10m plus.

Would anyone sell for 10m+?

4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I've seen them reported to be asking for 20mil for Butland.. if they sell him for anything near that, why would they expect us to sell Randolph for anything less?

Unfortunately whilst in terms of ability there not much between them at all. One is a 26year old England International, the other is a 32 year old Ireland International. Therefore by virtue of fact he English and his age his fee will be higher than Randolph. Whilst age should influence a fee i don't think former should but it clearly does as Young English players come at a premium. Young for a keeper i mean. 

Nonetheless if Stoke get £20m for Butland i would want £12m of them for Randolph. I would take £10m of anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Randolph is a weird one for me. Best keeper in the league, probably our best player but then again is there enough between the keepers in this league to warrant turning down a ridiculous bid? Say 10m plus.

You have to double that for me to even consider it. He is worth so much more than 10m a year to us. He saved our bacon so much last season and if we are playing more attacking this year I'd expect him to have to make just as many saves if not more.

5 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I would take £10m as there keepers out there that i think could replace Randolph for around half that and i dont think we would feel his loss as much. Not because i dont rate Randolph but because i think there good keepers out there who not getting games we could sign if Randolph left and use that money to reinvest in other areas

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I would take £10m as there keepers out there that i think could replace Randolph for around half that and i dont think we would feel his loss as much. Not because i dont rate Randolph but because i think there good keepers out there who not getting games we could sign if Randolph left and use that money to reinvest in other areas

Go on, i'll bite. 

Who?