oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Braithwaite is in the training pictures today. With a smile that suggests I'm ready to commit to Boro for this season get Boro promoted and be prepared for a Euro challenge for Denmark next summer and thank God Pulis isnt here maybe I can crack on. Although this is only an initial assessment based on one picture.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Guys, and Denzel is going to love me here, my suggestion for a Randolph replacement would be Frederik Rønnow. Was bought to be Frankfurts first choice keeper last season but just before the window closed they were offered Kevin Trapp on loan from PSG and they pounced on him making Rønnow backup. Huge shame as he showed huge amounts of promise beforehand and got his debut for Denmark. Would certainly be cheaper than buying from a rival in this league. 

David Button who is now reserve at Brighton might be cheap punt too. Seem to remember him doing well at Championship level before Brighton got promoted. Stockdale has been frozen out at Birmingham and at 33 he still has a few years in him. He's supposedly on massive wages but if both Brum and Stackdale are desperate for a solution we might be able to strike a decent deal. He was certainly one of the league's best keepers two years ago and his first year at Brum, until he was frozen out a year ago.

Just can't trust Braithwaite. As soon as something better comes along he'll be off. Don't think it has much to do with the style of play, reckon he just doesn't want to be in England, in Middlesbrough, in the Championship. His hearts not in it in my opinion.

1 minute ago, BoroJoey said:

Just can't trust Braithwaite. As soon as something better comes along he'll be off. Don't think it has much to do with the style of play, reckon he just doesn't want to be in England, in Middlesbrough, in the Championship. His hearts not in it in my opinion.

Could be said about most of our players, and most in general. You think Randolph would want to stay if a prem team wanted him?

1 minute ago, BoroJoey said:

The highlighted stuff is more or less what every footballer does unless you're a local lad with a bit of heart in the club. I think a lot of it had to do with the style of play though and a manager that he just didn't get along with. I have no doubt that Pulis tried to alienate him from day 1. That said he probably doesn't fancy the Championship anymore if he has a chance at La Liga (but who does?)

I think Randolph would stay if he knew he was gonna be a no.1 here rather than a no.2 elsewhere, unless it was at a top 6 club.

With Braitwaite I suppose it's the way he goes about it. Of course our players would leave with a better offer, I just think with him he would actively go out of his way to leave the club as soon as he knew there were offers sniffing around.

I could understand the first season he maybe didn't want his World Cup chances to be harmed, but last season he actually started off really decent, the fans wanted him to stay, Pulis wanted him, he was playing well. But as soon as there was Spanish interest in him, his head was turned and he let the speculation affect him, and I think he'd do it again.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, BoroJoey said:

I think Randolph would stay if he knew he was gonna be a no.1 here rather than a no.2 elsewhere, unless it was at a top 6 club.

With Braitwaite I suppose it's the way he goes about it. Of course our players would leave with a better offer, I just think with him he would actively go out of his way to leave the club as soon as he knew there were offers sniffing around.

I could understand the first season he maybe didn't want his World Cup chances to be harmed, but last season he actually started off really decent, the fans wanted him to stay, Pulis wanted him, he was playing well. But as soon as there was Spanish interest in him, his head was turned and he let the speculation affect him, and I think he'd do it again.

Did pulis want him? I just really struggle to believe that knowing what we know.

• Like 1

Braithwaites form dipped after the formation change did it not? It's hard to remember so long after the events but I thought the time line was -

Braithwaite playing well and scoring

Pulis changes formation and braithwaite looks uncomfortable, form plummets, head goes down

Interest from elsewhere and eventual loan, with braithwaite very keen to leave. 

I'm not blaming it all on pulis because clearly braithwaite could have been more professional. However as a human being I understand where he has come from and certainly hasnt done anything unforgivable in my mind.

Well I don't think Pulis wanted him to leave, the guy has talent and if his head was screwed on he'd be a good asset in the Championship and I believe Pulis knew this.

From the Gazette previously -

'It's not like Pulis hung Braithwaite out to dry. If anything, it was the direct opposite. He praised "exceptional" Braithwaite repeatedly and talked up his importance. When his form dipped, Pulis was often quizzed on the Danish forward and the frustration in his body language was clear - but he resisted any temptation to throw the player under the bus.'

However Braithwaite clearly has commitment issues, after his move to Leganes - 

"He is someone who has taken so much out of this football club, and given so little back. For him to talk the way he’s talked, it’s really disappointing. But I’ve been in football a long time, and you come across these players now and then. You have to deal with it, but you’re talking about a person who on two occasions has come out and said he’s got his heart and soul in this football club, and then within 36 hours, he’s going in and seeing the chief executive and asking him to leave. That just shows what Martin is all about.' - Pulis

I agree with Neverbefore, if Braithwaite truly wants to stay at the club, then there should be no issues with him being in the squad, the fans will get behind him and I'm sure Woodgate would be delighted. Ultimately time will tell, he could stay, he could go, however I'm more inclined to believe that he'll jump ship as soon as he can, the club have had to accommodate his wishes twice now at no benefit to ourselves. We can't trust a player like that.

Every time Pulis said something reasonably positive about Braithwaite it was always followed by “I only want players that want to play for MFC” the same way he was about Britt - he’d score but he’d always say he needs to be more clinical or similar. He never just praised he always had to get a little dig in. And I did see it as a dig when I watched/read his interviews. 

Whilst I don’t think Braithwaite will be here in a few months time, I’m sure whoever is here Woodgate and Keane will give them the confidence behind the scenes to succeed on the pitch. Every player needs confidence strikers especially and I think Britt and Fletcher will thrive working with Keane. 

• Like 1

Getting MB off the books whilst dropping the level of the squads skill set will put us in a better position financially so along with Gestede etc. lets get'em gone, rather than loose someone we need

• Like 1