oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

At the end of the day the club know what happened so whether he stays or goes will be a pretty clear indicator..

We all know what happened.  We spent a lot of money purchasing a player and giving him a substantial contract and then twice he disappeared after half a season.  The reasons for it, almost certainly something to do with Pulis, don't alter the fact that twice he buggered off and he seemed to make it clear that he didn't want to be here during the second half of last season.  We've had nothing like a decent return on the investment we've made in him and I actually don't think we ever will.  I think he's a decent player and probably the best outfield player on our books at the moment but that doesn't change what's happened.  The club will base their decision on a number of factors so I'm not sure him staying would indicate anything other than we couldn't sell him for what we wanted to get for him for example.  If we get an offer we are happy with he'll be gone, smiling faces in pre-season or not.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

7 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Braithwaite is in the training pictures today. With a smile that suggests I'm ready to commit to Boro for this season get Boro promoted and be prepared for a Euro challenge for Denmark next summer and thank God Pulis isnt here maybe I can crack on. Although this is only an initial assessment based on one picture.

Are you sure he hadn't just farted?

Two wingers and two full backs, agree, interesting that Vickers, highlights, Friend, Shotton & Braithwaite, is that inside knowledge or just Vickers spouting off?

Don't disagree however.............

Fletcher and Braithwaite in wide positions worked well last time , when they had 0 defensive responsibilities by the way, not sure why Vickers is aching for those days again it was disjointed and awful the last time we fielded that front 3.

That's why I'm baffled why the Braithwaite bangwagons picking steam up again I doubt we'll play 2 up fron and I doubt we'll go 4231 with a number 10 because the depth of midfielders we have will push us into a 433/451 formation. So we use Braithwaite as a left winger again with maybe a pacey attacking fullback on his outside? Seems wasteful when we could play an actual wide player out there instead of a 8 million half-striker in Braithwaite.

I'm waiting and seeing on what we go with but Vickers has put a Monk era forward line out there and I'll be reaching for whisky real quick if this shapes into a Monk project 2.0 we're already in for Garry's 1 that got away in Ryan Kent.

Edited by Jamie-H
49 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

agreed, happy to risk a young backup keeper

We should've kept Ripley for that job imo..

16 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Kent for Braithwaite, a couple of speedy, technically proficient FB's and it's game on.

I'm looking forward to seeing Spence in preseason, could be this years breakthrough 

• Like 1

Is Ryan Kent any good?  I know he's often been mentioned on here but what little I've seen of him he looks like a slightly flashy but ineffective player, the sort that will look good against weaker opposition maybe?  I haven't seen much of him though I have to admit.