oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

40 minutes ago, mj south said:

Not that fussed on Vydra to be honest, think were about 3 years too late with regards to getting the best out of him

Vydra is only 27 yrs old, so should be in his prime

17 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Brady wouldnt come down to this division either I wouldn't think.. could definitely get a move to another prem team. Quality player with a quality delivery though. 

isn't he irish?

5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Vydra is only 27 yrs old, so should be in his prime

Really?????

Seems to have been around for ages!

11 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

isn't he irish?

Yup

6 minutes ago, mj south said:

Really?????

Seems to have been around for ages!

Yes only 27 since May. He might be the Number 10 Woodgate was on about?

Straight swap between Vydra and Braithwaite

3 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Yes only 27 since May. He might be the Number 10 Woodgate was on about?

In that case absolutely, would be a perfect number 10

Vydra isn't a classic number 10 in the Ramirez mould but more of a second striker just like Braithwaite. If Woody wants a number 10 that really ties midfield and attack together then I don't think Vydra is the answer.

• Like 1

Is Vydra a no.10 though? I always thought he played his best football as a ‘second striker’. Similar to when we had Vossen. He did a job as a no.10 but lacked the Ramirez class of passing etc.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Vydra isn't a classic number 10 in the Ramirez mould but more of a second striker just like Braithwaite. If Woody wants a number 10 that really ties midfield and attack together then I don't think Vydra is the answer.

Took the words out my mouth haha

BBC Earth? Has BBC Moon or BBC Mars been created and I'm not aware? What year is it?

I think searching for a #10 is a terrible idea to be honest then we'd be square 1 with an engine room of Clayton 3 years older than the last time and who next to him? We didn't pay 7 million for Saville to be an average CDM that he was at Wolves, Howson you may cry ok so McNair, Saville and Wing as #10's? Not sure on that myself but I'm also set against Braithwaite on the left wing and against him as a lone striker so if he stays maybe it's altering Woodgate's thinking I don't know. Pulis tried a couple of guys as a 10 last year for 1-2 games Braithwaite/Wing/Saville/Fletcher honestly I think Fletcher looked maybe as good as Braithwaite there anyway?

I genuinely expected nothing this week last year when they were in Austria it was made explicitly clear there'd be no moves until Pulis was back at Rockliffe I guessed same again this year interesting how quiet that Dijksteel and Lowe stuff seems to have gotten.

Woody's chat with the EG he says "We won't wait around for players who say, 'can we have this?'. No, it's as simple as that. We're not going to spend huge amounts of money on a player who doesn't want to be here."

'If they don't want to come or they ask for a bit more money then we'll just move on'

maybe this time it's true?