oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

Blackburn apparently making a bid for Karl Darlow, would be a decent replacement if Randolph were to go.

Was just about to say this, could free up a fair bit of £ to spend on wingers too

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Was just about to say this, could free up a fair bit of £ to spend on wingers too

If i recall did we not want him ahead of Randolph. We bid £5m for him but Newcastle rejected it and wanted £8m so we went for Randolph. He has not played much in the proceeding 2 seasons i dont think.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

If i recall did we not want him ahead of Randolph. We bid £5m for him but Newcastle rejected it and wanted £8m so we went for Randolph. He has not played much in the proceeding 2 seasons i dont think.

I think those values will have flipped by now, letting Randolph leave is the last thing I want to happen but if we have to then I reckon Darlow would be a good replacement to target.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think we were in for both at the same time, to be honest. 

When West Ham signed Hart, Newcastle wanted Adrian from West Ham, which would have freed Darlow up for us, but also would have meant that WH would have kept hold of Randolph. We also had an interest registered in Randolph at the same time.

So it basically boiled down to which of Adrian and Randolph West Ham wanted to keep. I think we can probably agree that they made the wrong choice (in signing Hart in the first place)

• Like 2

Blackburnn selling Raya for £3.5m is further proof of how good Mogga is at spotting talent at good prices. Already discussed the astute acquisitions he made here and at WBA.

Given the model we are now going to be working from, having someone like Mogga as head of recruitment would just be priceless imo. Obviously he has bigger ambitions as moment but when he retires and moves back home permanently i would 100% be looking to find him a role within our scouting department/transfer committee.

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Blackburnn selling Raya for £3.5m is further proof of how good Mogga is at spotting talent at good prices. Already discussed the astute acquisitions he made here and at WBA.

Given the model we are now going to be working from, having someone like Mogga as head of recruitment would just be priceless imo. Obviously he has bigger ambitions as moment but when he retires and moves back home permanently i would 100% be looking to find him a role within our scouting department/transfer committee.

Raya was there before Mogga was...

1 hour ago, Will said:

Raya was there before Mogga was...

I will just credit Mogga with making him good then in order for it to suit my original point ?.

57 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7214509/amp/Middlesbroughs-new-bombshell-accusations-Garry-Monk.html?__twitter_impression=true

An interesting read about Monk and his dodgy dealings at Boro with a bit more detail. Sorry if already posted but thought I'd share for anyone.

There's pages of it on 'other Boro stuff'