oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

9 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Anyone seen randolph’s Instagram story? Picture of the whole squad, but I can’t see Braithwaite. Maybe he is close to a transfer?

Nah, he is taking the picture.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Question here,

Were all in agreement that our full backs and wingers is what needs the biggest investment this transfer window but what about CM?

I know were well stocked but do we have the right combination if we go with 3 CMs this season to dominate midfield battles and create chances for our forwards, to me all of our CMs seem to be the same

27 minutes ago, mj south said:

Question here,

Were all in agreement that our full backs and wingers is what needs the biggest investment this transfer window but what about CM?

I know were well stocked but do we have the right combination if we go with 3 CMs this season to dominate midfield battles and create chances for our forwards, to me all of our CMs seem to be the same

Tony? Is that you?

4 minutes ago, Teacider said:

Tony? Is that you?

Haha I know what your saying, but what I'm saying is apart from Wing there all box to box players, we dont have that player who can give us that spark or play that killer ball.

Will a midfield 3 of Saville, Wing and McNair cut it and create enough chances?

If we play 4-3-3, we have plenty of CMs, both defensively minded and box-to-box runners. If we play 4-5-1, we're knackered. Playing Braithwaite and Fletcher on the wings would be an act of Monk-like idiocy. We desperately need four wide players - either two FBs and two wide midfielders, or four wingbacks if we're going 3-5-2.

I think we're alright for CM assuming nobody leaves. Clayton, Saville and McNair can all probably chip in for a deeper 3, the latter 2 plus Wing and Tav can operate further up, that plus when we're hearing some of the other young midfielders we have might get a chance this season leads me to think we are pretty well stocked, maybe even if we do lose McNair.

The problem is obviously on the wings. I also prefer Tav in the middle, he's a neat player and not much of a winger for me. Sure Woody mentioned he vaguely agreed with that too. Even if we don't bring in another full back, Reading and Spence getting a chance wouldn't be the worst thing in our new 'golden thread' philosophy. I'm still happy enough with Friend for the first team though I would like to see us try for a right back and keep Shotton for the centre.

Keepers and strikers are all but sorted already. I imagine Pears or Hemming will be kept round as third choice. Britt and Fletch might be enough without considering that we may struggle to shift Braithwaite or Gestede and who knows, Armstrong and Burrell may yet penetrate into first team squads.

There's an air of necessity for youth in some positions which is not entirely what you want. You want them to be able to fight for their place in the team for sure. But that's the reality of it for now, you feel. I don't see a lot of movement beyond loans unless we shift someone.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Pontus Jansson leaving Leeds for another championship club, would hope were interested.

I think I would honestly vomit if this happened. There's never been a footballer I disliked more than Pontus Jansson.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think I would honestly vomit if this happened. There's never been a footballer I disliked more than Pontus 

YOU FOOL

IMAGINE A CB PARTNERSHIP OF AYALA AND PONTUS.

THE ULTIMATE SHITHOUSE DUO.

shocked oh my god GIF

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Probably the Villa game debacle. Wasn't Jansson the one who tried to stop the equaliser that Bielsa insisted Leeds allow Villa to score? 

This, and he's just the whiniest *** to ever play the game of football. Both appearances against us last season I remember him complaining constantly. I think the second game he came on as a sub and like the first thing he did was start complaining to the ref?

I seriously can't stand him

24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

This, and he's just the whiniest *** to ever play the game of football. Both appearances against us last season I remember him complaining constantly. I think the second game he came on as a sub and like the first thing he did was start complaining to the ref?

I seriously can't stand him

Haha. Couldn’t agree more. Dirty player and with a whiny attitude. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Will said:

Pontus Jansson leaving Leeds for another championship club, would hope were interested.

I read its another English club and not another championship club. Club is apparently Sheff Utd who have agreed a £5.5m deal.