Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mj south said:

Haha I know what your saying, but what I'm saying is apart from Wing there all box to box players, we dont have that player who can give us that spark or play that killer ball.

Will a midfield 3 of Saville, Wing and McNair cut it and create enough chances?

Howson? 

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Howson is the worst passer of the ball in midfield.. his passing stats were abysmal before he was moved to right back

Got more assists than anyone else though and is still probably out best and most consistent CM ?‍♂️ 

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, Prowler said:

Got more assists than anyone else though and is still probably out best and most consistent CM ?‍♂️ 

I like Howson. Good footballer and usually makes the right decision with the ball.

BUT he needs to add more goals to his game if he going to play in 1 of the 2 forward positions in that midfield 3. He has scored 4 goals in 91 championship games for us. I think Wing & Sav both individually managed more in 1 season than he has over 2 seasons. And he more than capable of matching Wing and Sav as he regularly got 6 to 10 goals a season for Norwich. Some will argue we have a history at our club in removing goals out of any players game. haha.

22 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I like Howson. Good footballer and usually makes the right decision with the ball.

BUT he needs to add more goals to his game if he going to play in 1 of the 2 forward positions in that midfield 3. He has scored 4 goals in 91 championship games for us. I think Wing & Sav both individually managed more in 1 season than he has over 2 seasons. And he more than capable of matching Wing and Sav as he regularly got 6 to 10 goals a season for Norwich. Some will argue we have a history at our club in removing goals out of any players game. haha.

I have no doubt that if he's free'd up by Woody and allowed to play his naturally game (not makeshift right wing back), he'll easily be involved in 15 or so goals. 

1 hour ago, Prowler said:

Yeah I like him.. but people were talking about a creative spark with a killer ball and the response was Howson... if you want a passing/technical side he is not your man.

Second half of the season as right back I really liked him. Central midfield he'll run up and down with a not a lot to show for it.

I still can’t work out what type of midfielder howson is, he doesn’t seem to make much impact in the final 3rd and he doesn’t seem that ‘tenacious’ tackling. He’s just another floaty type which were already stacked up with.

He's an engine, bit of a grafter, the fella seems to have pretty endless stamina for a footballer his age. I don't think goals are his bag, nor do I think he's a great defensive midfielder either, not what I'd call a tough tackler. But he's got the legs to run about for 90 minutes pretty much twice a week and I think other than that is a jack of all trades, master of none. I wouldn't be overly disappointed to lose him due to the wages we probably pay him but I'm glad he's still around for now. In a pressing game which demands a lot of fitness, he could be pivotal in the long term.

• Like 1