oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

48 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

This explains the phrase;

What's the meaning of the phrase 'The whole kit and caboodle'?

A collection of things. 

What's the origin of the phrase 'The whole kit and caboodle'?

The words kit and caboodle have rather similar meanings.

A kit - is set of objects, as in a toolkit, or what a soldier would put in his kit-bag.

A caboodle (or boodle) - is an archaic term meaning group or collection, usually of people.

Well that settles it. DS has clearly lost the plot and needs to be removed. All those in favour say ‘aye’

• Haha 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Well that settles it. DS has clearly lost the plot and needs to be removed. All those in favour say ‘aye’

'aye' 'I' 'eye' or 'aii'... 

1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

I read they were flying back Saturday morning. 

I'm hoping that now Woody has had a week assessing the players and there back at Rockliffe things might start moving on abit.

That or were in a situation where we have to sell before we can buy

Hopefully it’s just a case of giving the green light to sign players after Woodgate, Keane & Leo have personally assessed the youth. Teams have been working on their signings for months and months and surely we’re no different regardless of who the manager was going to be. If not I can’t see us with many new faces as we won’t be wanting to pay the inflated panic buy prices. 

West Brom selling Rondon for big money to China

Swansea asking Sheff United 20mil for McBurnie

Makes you wonder about our Britt valuation and who those teams might target once the players are sold ^

28 minutes ago, mj south said:

I'm hoping that now Woody has had a week assessing the players and there back at Rockliffe things might start moving on abit.

That or were in a situation where we have to sell before we can buy

I don't think there will be anything significant in until the big wage earners are off the books. It is pretty boring mind since this committee was formed. 

Surely woodgate wouldntnreally need to ‘asses’ many people he’s been here long enough to do that by now. Maybe a couple of academy players but it’s pretty obvious what we need without spending weeks fannying about.

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

One of the Portugese daily's has said today we've missed out on Yuri Ribeiro a LB at Benfica to Nottingham Forest.

Nothing to say he has signed yet but also nothing to say he is very good either!

36 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I dont get the Mejias "pun" in the topic, unless the author pronounces it as "myas" instead of the correct MeHRIas 

Enlighten me please ?

I thought it was pronouced Ma-hey-ass? Which is closer to the May as well.

47 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I dont get the Mejias "pun" in the topic, unless the author pronounces it as "myas" instead of the correct MeHRIas 

Enlighten me please ?

It isn’t pronounced MeHRIas