oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

It looks to me that this transfer window is going to go one of two ways. Either we sit in our hands and bring no players in, and then attempt to consolidate or to try and just stay in this division. The other way is to sell someone like Assombalonga and utilise the money to bring in a few players and have an attempt to achieve at least the play offs. Its got 25 days to pan out!

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I think we were expecting to sell McNair to bring in some working cash for transfers. As that hasn't happened we've had to bridge loan some incoming transfer fees. But we've got an overall budget of fees + wages. And we need 2 fullbacks, at least 1 winger and possibly a striker. 

But, we are competing with lots of clubs for the same players. And because we threw money around in the past some agents and clubs think we still will eventually. I feel for Bausor - I bet noone believes we have no money. 

So it's going to drag on until someone caughs up the money for Braithwaite, Britt, Saville, Flint or McNair. Get one of them done and I think we will be in business.

Arsenal are looking to send striker Eddie Nketiah on loan to the championship. Bristol city apparently leading the race.

Wonder if weve thrown our hat in the ring on that one.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Arsenal are looking to send striker Eddie Nketiah on loan to the championship. Bristol city apparently leading the race.

Wonder if weve thrown our hat in the ring on that one.

I'd hope we were in the running for him. 

I don't think we are though. 

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean, we were forced to improve on this front before during Mogga's tenure too, weren't we? That's what worries me a little. Right now, we're operating within the constraints we have and that's good. But if we do ever end up in a position to spend and build, either through a Brentford-like sell high and replace low or through promotion to the PL, will we continue along a sustainable solution or go back to the spend spend spend mentality and not care for money thrown away on useless players with no resale value.

Recent history probably suggests the latter, we can only hope we achieve some level of success in what we do whilst we're struggling and maybe that will confirm to the higher ups that success can indeed be achieved that way. Either that or we continue to falter and the club actually starts looking at those who are still in a job who have been just as big a factor behind us misspending and recruiting so poorly as our recent managers.

Yes you're right mate we have been in a similar position in the recent past.  I'm just hoping we do finally learn some lessons but yeah I suppose there is no reason to expect it.

12 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Seems there’s quite the meltdown happening on here tonight..

We already knew top earners have to go if a reasonable offer comes in. 

I don't think there was any kind of meltdown last night. 

We didn't know it, we suspected it and Gibson's comments at the Woodgate announcement will have lead to at least some doubt about exactly what position we are in.  He seemed quite bullish about the prospect of us spending money in the transfer window and if you give off that kind of signal then people are understandably going to expect you to follow through with it.  Clearly if Gibson attempts to play down the situation of the club then some people are going to believe it.

6 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I could put him on ignore, it's true. Annoyingly though people feel the need to quote his posts which renders the whole endeavour pointless.

Some rascal would just quote all of his posts on purpose to annoy you I bet ?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think there was any kind of meltdown last night. 

We didn't know it, we suspected it and Gibson's comments at the Woodgate announcement will have lead to at least some doubt about exactly what position we are in.  He seemed quite bullish about the prospect of us spending money in the transfer window and if you give off that kind of signal then people are understandably going to expect you to follow through with it.  Clearly if Gibson attempts to play down the situation of the club then some people are going to believe it.

I can’t remember his comments but if he did allude to us spending money and we don’t then it’s just downright stupidity. The backlash could be worse than the “smash the league” comment (which we actually tried to to spending wise). He could lose the last credibility he has. 

6 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Is that the charge that mentions 3 instalments then doesn't show how much those instalments were?

Wish we sold all our players overseas as we get to see the instalment dates and values on any charges then.

I didn't actually look at the instalments.  I was just looking for some evidence of who it was and noticed the date of transfer was given.  I had a look and the only player we sold around that date was Bamford.  Yes it's nice to see the international transfer related ones if you want to be a bit nosy ?

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I can’t remember his comments but if he did allude to us spending money and we don’t then it’s just downright stupidity. The backlash could be worse than the “smash the league” comment (which we actually tried to to spending wise). He could lose the last credibility he has. 

Sorry, it wasn't a direct reference to us spending money.  He was asked a question a long the lines of whether he'd support the manager and his reply was something like 'of course we will we always do don't we', which seemed like a slightly spikey response as though it was crazy to think otherwise.  And it might be, we're still weeks away from the transfer window closing and it would seem that we've been prepared to spend money on Lowe so there's no reason to think we won't do so before the window closes.

38 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Woodgate wants to keep braithwaite

He's not gonna say any different, if he says we want rid of him then his value will drop.