oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

If the season started now do we think Howson would be our first choice Right Back? He's started the last two friendlies there and to be fair to him has played well...

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Howson played well at right-back yesterday and we have more than enough central midfielders to make do without him in there, so I think he will be there if we don't sign anyone. I don't even think Shotton will be in the team if Fry or Ayala are fit.

When Ayala and Fry are fit we could go 3-5-2 with Howson as one wingback. That’s if we dont make the wide signings Woodgate says he is lacking. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Borodane said:

When Ayala and Fry are fit we could go 3-5-2 with Howson as one wingback. That’s if we dont make the wide signings Woodgate says he is lacking. 

To be fair with our abundance of central players the formation would make the most out of our current personnel, would allow Braithwaite/Fletcher to play alongside Britt uptop as well. Woodgate has seemed to have his heart set on a 4-3-3 from the preseason games, we could still play a high pressing possession game in any formation though.

• Like 1

Meh, I wouldn't go with Coulson left-wing based on what I saw. Left wing-back, maybe, left-back, definitely. Left-wing... I don't know, I worry he'd get judged on his ability to play out of position. I thought he looked like a perfectly good left-back yesterday, more than capable of giving George a run for his money. I sincerely hope Woody is strong enough to drop George for Coulson or Reading. Going by the pre-season so far, he may well have to come the Luton game. I also think we may have to, for better or worse, suffer Marvin Johnson for a bit longer. I just wish the fella could find his confidence.

• Like 1

Well if we don't have the money / the opportunity to bring in some genuine wingers, a wing-back system might have to be the best bet - both Coulson and Reading would suit that.

Friend playing on the left of a back 3 would add a bit of mobility to play from the back. 

RWB position could be an issue then though... not really Shotton friendly and don't know much about Spence.

Just now, Lurker said:

Yeah, £20m. Not concrete info yet. 

That's a lot of money. Hard to turn down I guess and a fair price although I don't think anyone would want Fry to leave. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, £20m. Not concrete info yet. 

I hope we sanction the deal where we get money up front, and a big chunk of it. I hope and pray we've learnt from our mistakes with Gibson. 

I'm happy to let Fry go if we bring in a RB, LB and wingers which we desperately need.