oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 minute ago, jamesp said:

Shhhh he saved us 30 odd years ago you know ?

As a younger fan, he is killing off support in the younger generations by how the club is run. He can keep the old fans, but he has to realise, if he keeps running the club like he is then he is going to lose support from younger people

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

It’s unbelievable. Gibson should have straight up said that we have no money instead of pretending like we do

Hi lads we are skint everyone is for sale... offer peanuts cus you know were skint... alienate all the fans before we even start etc.... standard business protocol.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Hi lads we are skint everyone is for sale... offer peanuts cus you know were skint... alienate all the fans before we even start etc.... standard business protocol.

And Pulis said he had left us in a good position financially, devious old ***!

5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Exactly!

I'll say it again, what do people actually want from our club? Do we want people like Pulis who say everything as it is and put us in a terrible negotiating position? Call our squad *** and say we'll be lucky to do anything positive this year?

Or do you want people who are going to manipulate the words they put out so as to try and ensure we can at least get better deals for those we may be open to sell? Actually speak with some optimism and actually look like they're looking forward to the season ahead?

People were *** off when Pulis said his bit and now they're *** off when Gibson, Woodgate or anyone may have mislead them, what on Earth do some people want our PR stance to be for goodness sake? Make your bloody minds up.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

my guess

20k = 1m McNair Saville

30k = 1.5m - shotton Clayts Ayala Friend

40k = 2m Britt

50k = 2.5m Braithwaite 

Where do these figures come from though is the thing, why would Clayton go from the lowest paid prem player on 2k a week to 30k in his next contract which would probably equate to 50k a week in the prem before we got relegated, similar with Ayala, Friend. All of these wage demands are hearsay like the Shotton wage where people readily accept what someone has said so they can get angry. McNair and Saville came from a league one club and a team with a league one budget, why would we increase their wages by so much? Our TOTAL outgoings were £51.3m, not just the wage bill.

Our savings in dropping 6 senior players out of the team for free would not nearly outweigh the cost to replace and pay the wages of replacements.

3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Where do these figures come from though is the thing, why would Clayton go from the lowest paid prem player on 2k a week to 30k in his next contract which would probably equate to 50k a week in the prem before we got relegated, similar with Ayala, Friend. All of these wage demands are hearsay like the Shotton wage where people readily accept what someone has said so they can get angry. McNair and Saville came from a league one club and a team with a league one budget, why would we increase their wages by so much? Our TOTAL outgoings were £51.3m, not just the wage bill.

Our savings in dropping 6 senior players out of the team for free would not nearly outweigh the cost to replace and pay the wages of replacements.

as i said my guess

10 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

As a younger fan, he is killing off support in the younger generations by how the club is run. He can keep the old fans, but he has to realise, if he keeps running the club like he is then he is going to lose support from younger people

Your completely right, unfortunately the majority of our fans are so far up Gibson’s *** that he will continue to get away with running the club like this. 

Any other club and the fans would be wanting him out, we have gone from being in the richest league in the world to being completely broke in 3 years. How can that happen? We are one of the worst run clubs in the country, just most of our fans don’t realise this 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, £20m. Not concrete info yet. 

Really don't want him to go but 20 million is decent money for the club.

Anyone got any news on any other possible outgoings/incomings?

32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Our wage bill in the Championship was nearly £50m mate.  If you think that we only have one player on more than £20k per week then I reckon you are massively mistaken.  Wage costs for the 2017-18 season were £43.19m with another £5.2m in social security costs.  I don't think you fully understand the position that the club are in.

That 17/18 we had a ridiculous amount of senior players in the squad, so much so that quite a few of them had to sit out the matches 18, we are in a better position now that these sorts of players have left the club: Downing, Traore, Bamford, Baker, Besic, Christie, Fabio, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Gibson etc. 

The remit of Pulis was to reduce the wage bill so I think the players we bought in from lower resourced clubs will have been targeted because they were low earning players from teams like Millwall, Bristol city etc.

1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

20 million in gibson’s pocket more like

Where do people get this *** from? He's single-handedly financed Middlesbrough from that very pocket and kept us where we are. We're a small town just outside of Newcastle with everything going against us (poor education, poverty etc), without him where would we be? Who would take this on?

20 mil for a player that hasn't even proven himself over a full season in Championship .. snap their hands-off.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

That 17/18 we had a ridiculous amount of senior players in the squad, so much so that quite a few of them had to sit out the matches 18, we are in a better position now that these sorts of players have left the club: Downing, Traore, Bamford, Baker, Besic, Christie, Fabio, Leadbitter, Forshaw, Gibson etc. 

The remit of Pulis was to reduce the wage bill so I think the players we bought in from lower resourced clubs will have been targeted because they were low earning players from teams like Millwall, Bristol city etc.

Oh I agree that the wage bill should have come down but I don't think it will be anywhere near the amount that we need it to come down by.  Christie and Forshaw left after a half season so only half of their wages count towards that amount and the wage bill would have been higher still had they been there for a full year.  We obviously had Braithwaite out on loan for half a season so only half of his would count towards it and unless we offload him then we'll have a full year this time around and he will be one of our highest paid players.  Downing, Traore, Bamford, Gibson and Leadbitter should have removed a decent chunk between them but it will probably only be the equal of what I'm talking about cutting from the wage bill and we have added to the wage bill at the same time with the signings of McNair, Saville and Flint.  McNair signed for Sunderland in the Premier League and he will be on decent money as will the other two.  Certainly not as much as we've reduced the wage bill by with those departures but enough to leave us still needing to make substantial cuts.  At a guess I'd say that the senior players here are all on at least about £20k per week and there will be a group who are on £30k+ per week.

46 minutes ago, jamesp said:
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Important first teamers or the likes of shotton, flint?

Who’s going to buy shotton and flint

Loads of teams to be honest.

Shotton is an experienced Championship player, and has been poor this year, but was also playing through an injury. I wouldn't mind us hanging onto him if we sold Fry, as an extra CB option.

I've been one of Flint's harshest critics, but he was still part of the best defence in the league last year (as was Shotton). Now I know that's a lot to do with Pulis' tactics, but the stats will speak for themselves, and before he came here, Flint was quite in-demand.

I think we are often guilty of reacting to a poor season by just saying that everyone who plays for us is awful. 

At the end of the day we've lost Hugill, Downing and Besic from a team that narrowly missed out on the playoffs under a manager who did a poor job. Yes, we need players, and could do with holding onto the better ones we have, but we can still put out a competitive Championship side. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Where do people get this *** from? He's single-handedly financed Middlesbrough from that very pocket and kept us where we are. We're a small town just outside of Newcastle with everything going against us (poor education, poverty etc), without him where would we be? Who would take this on?

20 mil for a player that hasn't even proven himself over a full season in Championship .. snap their hands-off.

I don't have a poor education and I don't live in poverty although if Boro's ticket prices keep going up I might do soon ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Loads of teams to be honest.

Shotton is an experienced Championship player, and has been poor this year, but was also playing through an injury. I wouldn't mind us hanging onto him if we sold Fry, as an extra CB option.

I've been one of Flint's harshest critics, but he was still part of the best defence in the league last year (as was Shotton). Now I know that's a lot to do with Pulis' tactics, but the stats will speak for themselves, and before he came here, Flint was quite in-demand.

I think we are often guilty of reacting to a poor season by just saying that everyone who plays for us is awful. 

At the end of the day we've lost Hugill, Downing and Besic from a team that narrowly missed out on the playoffs under a manager who did a poor job. Yes, we need players, and could do with holding onto the better ones we have, but we can still put out a competitive Championship side. 

Also Mikel and for some reason you've missed out Van La Parra.

Shotton is a lousy central defender, I can see why someone might want to keep him and play right back but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the middle two if we can help it.  I'm also not sure he's as good as the money he's on but hey ho.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Also Mike and for some reason you've missed out Van La Parra.

Shotton is a lousy central defender, I can see why someone might want to keep him and play right back but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the middle two if we can help it.  I'm also not sure he's as good as the money he's on but hey ho.

Well, we don't know that he is on that money, but if it's as high as the numbers quoted, then yeah, I'd agree.

I'm very much looking at him as a backup option to cover CB and RB, seeing as it's quite obvious we won't be signing any more than 2/3 players.

I don't know who Mike is, but I assume you mean Mikel, and that's true, but you could probably count the points he really gained us on one hand.