Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Aye like i said Flint going for low money. Saville next if we get a suitor

probably get a decent amount if he goes to Cardiff. £5m + would be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

I think most of us don't get that and other than Gary Gill being Gibson's mate it's difficult to see an answer that makes a great deal of sense.

It started in the Jan window for me. Recruiting three avg players for silly money and wages. Contracts were long aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SmogInSheff said:

probably get a decent amount if he goes to Cardiff. £5m + would be good.

£3m max imo. That was the amount he was touted at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

What i dont get is why its the same team recruiting again. Wasted so much money 

Didn’t someone say Pulis did away with our scouting reports and Flint, Saville and Mcnair were his choice? I may have misunderstood though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Haha. £3m asking price suggests different. Pulis was full of it 

Apparently he wasn't because we 'grieved' a little bit when he left and he left us 'stable and strong' and in 'great shape'.  All down to him it seems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair if we did "only" sign Flint for 5million + addons, assuming we haven't had to pay the addons (goals/promotion bonuses etc) after the season hes had 3m seems perfectly respectable. Isn't he 30 now? His price certainly won't have gone up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Didn’t someone say Pulis did away with our scouting reports and Flint, Saville and Mcnair were his choice? I may have misunderstood though.

Pulis had his own scouts yeah, but we recruited quite poorly before that. Fletcher, Bamford and Gestede for big money, big wages and long contracts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Apparently he wasn't because we 'grieved' a little bit when he left and he left us 'stable and strong' and in 'great shape'.  All down to him it seems.

What are you trying to say? Maybe we shouldn't believe everything that comes out of the club? No I'm not having that negativity on here ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Didn’t someone say Pulis did away with our scouting reports and Flint, Saville and Mcnair were his choice? I may have misunderstood though.

I thought it was suggested that Flint was entirely down to our recruitment team.  I'd have to assume that McNair was because I just don't believe Pulis wanted him.  Of all the signings that would be the weirdest if Pulis really wanted him and then barely gave him a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

What are you trying to say? Maybe we shouldn't believe everything that comes out of the club? No I'm not having that negativity on here ?

I suppose I'm saying that I'm on a downer when it comes to Gibson at the moment because I think he's full of *** tbh.  Harsh possibly but the last few months have definitely changed my opinion on him rightly or wrongly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

I suppose I'm saying that I'm on a downer when it comes to Gibson at the moment because I think he's full of *** tbh.  Harsh possibly but the last few months have definitely changed my opinion on him rightly or wrongly.

Mine changed a long time ago, I think he genuinely cares and he's doing his best but I think he's out of his depth in modern day football. 

And yeah I agree with you that we don't always get the full truth out of the club.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Didn’t someone say Pulis did away with our scouting reports and Flint, Saville and Mcnair were his choice? I may have misunderstood though.

I get the feeling that all of our managers in recent times bar maybe mogga have ignored the scouting team, strachan, karanka, dodgy monk, pulis all brought their own players in and the ones brought in by the club/chairman just didn't get played. 

I think Woody will be completely different and we may change our opinions on the scouting recruitment team. Here's hoping anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Duvel said:

Mine changed a long time ago, I think he genuinely cares and he's doing his best but I think he's out of his depth in modern day football. 

And yeah I agree with you that we don't always get the full truth out of the club.

My thoughts exactly, genuinely cares, but hasn't changed with the times and has been badly advised for years. 

I think he is out of touch with the modern game and also can't compete financially anymore. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmogInSheff said:

I think Woody will be completely different and we may change our opinions on the scouting recruitment team. Here's hoping anyway

I agree with that. He seems to be happy coaching and will probably tell Bevington the attributes he wants from a player for a certain position and leave it to recruitment. The main issue isn’t necessarily the players but the price and salary that they were.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


  • Latest Posts

    • West Brom win 4-2, Hull fans say thank god the Boro's *** we're still out of the bottom 3.
    • Love a good 10 year plan!
    • Millwall  (Loss) - Decent performance but not enough quality and we don't take our chances and Millwall knick it. Bristol City (Win or draw) - For me this is our best chance of getting 3 points, Bristol look gash lately and they've sacked Johnson. Reading (0-0 Draw) - Awful football game. Cardiff (Win or draw) - If there's one team in the division Warnock knows it's them, might be able to take advantage of that tactically. Our only hope. Sheff Wed (Loss) - Garry Monk masterclass.   At best I give us 7 points, but that's if we get lucky with our chances and take them. 3/4 points more likely.
    • I'm pretty sure that they (Howson, Friend and everyone else) are being asked to play those passes though.  It's all stuff into the channels and repeat.  Our passing accuracy has dropped like a stone since Warnock came in and it has to be because he's asking them to play that way.
    • Don't think he would CT, look at Johnson's last 2 performances and he still didn't get subbed till late on, the lads cemented his pace at left back his made it his own. Its the bench for Messi.
×
×
  • Create New...