oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Flint was due to sign season before under Monk but Monk changed his mind and that was that.

We now know why Monk changed his mind.

paid pay day GIF

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Would much rather see Flint and Saville go, than the likes of McNair and Ayala (if we didn’t put him on a new contract).

Havent been impressed with either, most disappointed with Flint as I (for some reason) had high expectations for him.

8 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Flint was due to sign season before under Monk but Monk changed his mind and that was that.

Wouldn't be the first time monk changed his mind last minute under suspicious circumstances! Was that before or after monk "insisted" we buy Shotton.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wouldn't be the first time monk changed his mind last minute under suspicious circumstances! Was that before or after monk "insisted" we buy Shotton.

Maybe he just thought that Flint was crap?  Still it all worked out for the best in the end as we signed both of them ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do people who think Monk's agent thing was a actual problem think our current manager whose long time agency SMI has half our academy as clients is also a conflict or no?

I don't think Monk's spending was nefarious I think he was tasked with bringing in Championship tested defenders, strikers and midfielders so he went for Murphy/Darlow/Flint/Bryan/Johnstone etc he was just in a candy store and Gibson just chose him the shelves he could pick from.

6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Do people who think Monk's agent thing was a actual problem think our current manager whose long time agency SMI has half our academy as clients is also a conflict or no?

I don't think Monk's spending was nefarious I think he was tasked with bringing in Championship tested defenders, strikers and midfielders so he went for Murphy/Darlow/Flint/Bryan/Johnstone etc he was just in a candy store and Gibson just chose him the shelves he could pick from.

You mean Woodgate, who knows all of the kids in all of the youth sides, is a client of an agency who also happen to be the agents to some of those same youngsters?  This stuff is all over football and clubs turn a blind eye to it when it suits them.  Conflicts of interest are only conflicts of interest when people aren't happy otherwise nobody really cares.

I suspect that it's perhaps possible that they saw an opportunity to make a few quid but weren't really able to.  I can fully understand Gibson being annoyed about it but we've done things that actually have cost us a lot of money and we don't seem to be looking into those. 

If we're investigating transfers then there are others I'd like to have a good look at first.  Let's assume what nunthorpered has said today is true and we are trying to offload Flint and Saville for much lower fees than we paid.  I'd like to know who wanted to sign Flint two years ago, who wanted to sign him a year ago and who wants rid of him now because somebody at our club (not Monk) is responsible for all of those three things and it may well cost us millions of Pounds.  Then ask the same questions about Saville and McNair.  Now let's look at the other signings we made two years ago after Monk was given the job.  We don't appear to be looking into Assombalonga, Braithwaite, Howson, Randolph and that's where the bulk of the money was spent - £34m by my reckoning.  I assume we didn't have an issue with those because Monk wasn't 'involved' i.e. the transfers were pushed by other people at the club.  Money well spent?  Then we look at the window beforehand and the signing of Gestede, Bamford and Guedioura.  Who wanted them because Karanka didn't seem impressed at the time?   Who then wanted to add more strikers to the squad 6 months later for another £30m?   This stuff pisses me off more because there is an actual cost, both financial and football, to the club.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Someone on fmttm seems to think flint is having a medical at Cardiff 

I think they've seen the reports and took a bit of a leap tbh.. If it had progressed that far I think we'd have heard more about it.

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If we're investigating transfers then there are others I'd like to have a good look at first.  Let's assume what nunthorpered has said today is true and we are trying to offload Flint and Saville for much lower fees than we paid.  I'd like to know who wanted to sign Flint two years ago, who wanted to sign him a year ago and who wants rid of him now because somebody at our club (not Monk) is responsible for all of those three things and it may well cost us millions of Pounds.  Then ask the same questions about Saville and McNair.  Now let's look at the other signings we made two years ago after Monk was given the job.  We don't appear to be looking into Assombalonga, Braithwaite, Howson, Randolph and that's where the bulk of the money was spent - £34m by my reckoning.  I assume we didn't have an issue with those because Monk wasn't 'involved' i.e. the transfers were pushed by other people at the club.  Money well spent?  Then we look at the window beforehand and the signing of Gestede, Bamford and Guedioura.  Who wanted them because Karanka didn't seem impressed at the time?   Who then wanted to add more strikers to the squad 6 months later for another £30m?   This stuff pisses me off more because there is an actual cost, both financial and football, to the club.  

Exactly I'm far more concerned about those transfers than a last minute 2.5 million pound Johnson signing because the budget was blown and Kent went to Germany. That's my point on the Monk-Agent 'investigation' it seems no one's investigating the stuff that's going to end up costing us 20 million+ when contracts run down. 

According to someone on FMTTM, Flint left Rockcliffe today to have a medical with Cardiff, no idea if it's true. Another user on there said his mate has a source at Cardiff and they have booked someone in today for a medical but did not say who.

I personally don't believe it but you never know.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

According to someone on FMTTM, Flint left Rockcliffe today to have a medical with Cardiff, no idea if it's true. Another user on there said his mate has a source at Cardiff and they have booked someone in today for a medical but did not say who.

I personally don't believe it but you never know.

I'll put the feelers out down here (Cardiff) know a couple of people who work for the club. 

• Like 2