Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Be great if true.

Out of the CBs at the club I'd be wanting rid of Flint and Shotton, both of them just cant play out from the back and I imagine are high earners at the club, I'd be thrilled to see them both gone

9 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I have asked.... if it is happening it's all under the radar. Been told some interesting info on transfer committee etc but not sure how true. Have asked about that as well

Interesting as in good news or bad haha?

2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Interesting as in good news or bad haha?

Now please don't shoot the messenger but I have been told that players are being selected by none of the coaching team. Nor do they have a say in who leaves. SG has final call. Now I wouldn't be surprised as Woody would be a yes man but then I also wonder if that was the whole point. I know all I seem to bring is negative info so once again hoping I'm wrong 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Now please don't shoot the messenger but I have been told that players are being selected by none of the coaching team. Nor do they have a say in who leaves. SG has final call. Now I wouldn't be surprised as Woody would be a yes man but then I also wonder if that was the whole point. I know all I seem to bring is negative info so once again hoping I'm wrong 

I dont think thats particularly shocking given what they said at the press conference. Talking about "continuity" and all that, Id be surprised if woody had much of a say at all given hes head coach, not manager.

Whether you trust the people in charge to make the right signings is another matter altogether of course... 

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I’d be willing to bet that is the whole point, basically Gibson wants to choose and buy the players, what other manager would work under that.

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

I dont think thats particularly shocking given what they said at the press conference. Talking about "continuity" and all that, Id be surprised if woody had much of a say at all given hes head coach, not manager.

Whether you trust the people in charge to make the right signings is another matter altogether of course... 

I would think that decisions on who is leaving and if any player comes in, will be dictated purely by finance and with little thought as to how strong it leaves the squad for this season.

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

Exactly I'm far more concerned about those transfers than a last minute 2.5 million pound Johnson signing because the budget was blown and Kent went to Germany. That's my point on the Monk-Agent 'investigation' it seems no one's investigating the stuff that's going to end up costing us 20 million+ when contracts run down. 

Yeah you'd think that would be a bigger priority.

10 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

If that’s true it just stresses the need for a director of football as far as I’m concerned. I do not trust Steve Gibson anymore to be making the right footballing decisions. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Finally some news to cheer everyone up ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

It is what it is.... I'm in full Tony Mowbray mood with this now

?

It says SG has the final say and they are being selected by none of the coaching staff so do you know who is selecting them?

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

?

It says SG has the final say and they are being selected by none of the coaching staff so do you know who is selecting them?

No mate the info is vague in terms of who is actually overseeing it all