Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Will said:

Is it desperate to sell a player who doesn’t fit the way we want to play?

Do ambitious clubs keep players who don’t fit just for the sake of it?

Got to agree, every club has its own ambitions and I would hazard a guess that many are different. 

Woodgate has his and apparently they match the clubs, he wants to sell Flint to make way for his type of player and we good a bloody good deal in my opinion. 

I don't think we are desperate at all, everyone has been saying how bad Flint has been, most agree that we'd take 3 mil for him and we get 4.2mil and some cash for Woody to invest in his squad. 

Good deal, let's see who Woody brings in. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PsychFur said:

Senior players?

Senior members of the coaching staff?

Both?

I can well imagine. The sale smacks both of desperation and lack of ambition.

Oh come on..

It was a signing that didn't work and player who will likely struggle with passing the ball out. It's a good deal

2 hours ago, Will said:

Is it desperate to sell a player who doesn’t fit the way we want to play?

Do ambitious clubs keep players who don’t fit just for the sake of it?

Exactly right, it's a good deal for the club for a player who struggled and won't fit our system. Just look how much he struggled against Hartlepool with the ball

Not a rumour as such, but I follow various football coaches on Twitter from when I did my UEFA B and he, (Pedro Mendonça) featured a recent Boro one called "4 keepers". I'll post the picture below, but interesting that there was no Darren Randolph... are they planning for life without him?

Screenshot_20190719-210305_Twitter.jpg

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Not a rumour as such, but I follow various football coaches on Twitter from when I did my UEFA B and he, (Pedro Mendonça) featured a recent Boro one called "4 keepers". I'll post the picture below, but interesting that there was no Darren Randolph... are they planning for life without him?

He’s injured 1-2 weeks should be okay for Luton if he’s still here

3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I mentioned something similar the other day, and apparently he's hurt? Don't know if people were being serious when they said that, but yeah.

6 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Think he is injured mate. That said if the reported bid of £12m from Villa is legitimate then yes, we are probably planning for life without him.

Edited by TAPOUT
Add to post
12 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Think he is injured mate. That said if the reported bid of £12m from Villa is legitimate then yes, we are probably planning for life without him.

sad face GIF

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

sad face GIF

Like that ?

2 hours ago, PsychFur said:

And what style of play is that then?

JW and the club talk a lot about the the way they would like to play but that isn't reflected in the current squad quality and depth.

We're abut to start the season with 1 right back (actually a midfielder), 3 centre backs and 1 left back.

That's it, 5 defenders for 4 positions.

But we have came out and said we want to blood more youth. You cant blood youth with 2 players for every position, they'll never get a chance

• Like 1