oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

19 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’m pretty sure that Saville is on 12k a week. Would that be considered a high earner?

My mistake. Club must think he’s really not suited then...

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Even though we haven't resolved any of the long term player issues I am genuinely more excited then I have been in a long time.

After your recent pessimism that seems like a 180! has something else happened?

14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I also cant imagine Shotton is on much. We signed him from Birmingham who not been flush with cash for quite some time.

Shotton has his critics but i would rather keep him as he offers competent and experienced cover at both RB and CB. He is no world beater but given our thin squad players like him are important as he comfortable in 2 positions.

I don't think there's any public knowledge but aren't the rumours about Shotton that he's on 30k?

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Even though we haven't resolved any of the long term player issues I am genuinely more excited then I have been in a long time.

What did you mean earlier about senior members being unhappy mate?

13 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Think someone said he’s on like 30k a week if I’m not mistaken.

Also happy that Saville could be staying. I think he’s a good player and will come good this season. I didn’t even think he was that bad last season, and it was probably one of his worst.

Oh dear. If he was on £30k a week that would be utter madness. We signed him for £2.5m as a back up defender initially.

Pulis indicated our £9m playmaker MB  (we hoped) and our record £15m new no.9 Britt were on £47k and £40k a week respectively. So to then pay a utility defender 30k a week would be bonkers but not surprising based on our transfer dealings of recent times

50 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Some news on Saville. Not thrilling i know, but club can't get him out. Clubs not willing to pay what we want for him. Might be better off just keeping hold

I think it's a bit daft that we're even trying to offload him, to be honest. We've already invested a great deal in bringing him here and it's clear he can score goals in a team Woody wants to score a lot of goals. Seems one of the strangest players to try and get rid of.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

To be honest I wouldn't mind keeping Saville I think given a more consistent position and role in the team I think he could have a good season for us. 

I’m not fussed on him staying or going with him being on low wages. I think the club desperately wanting rid of a guy on only £12k a week is telling though...

1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

To be honest I wouldn't mind keeping Saville I think given a more consistent position and role in the team I think he could have a good season for us. 

I second this. Him and Wing as the forward 2 in a midfield 3 could get goals.

I would be happy with the following team line up v Luton (fitness and transfers permitting)

Randolph

Howson, Ayala, Fry, Friend

Wing, Clayton/Paddy, Sav

Tav, Britt, Braithwaite

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I also cant imagine Shotton is on much. We signed him from Birmingham who not been flush with cash for quite some time.

Shotton has his critics but i would rather keep him as he offers competent and experienced cover at both RB and CB. He is no world beater but given our thin squad players like him are important as he comfortable in 2 positions.

If I were Woodgate right now 3 players I would not want to leave would be Shotton, Howson and Mcnair because of their adaptability. It is such a small squad of experienced players. I also doubt Shotton is on £30k / week but who really knows. If he is though and offers come in then he will be gone. If we lose Britt, Braithwaite and Randolph I know some of this board would go off it but because of their salary I would understand it. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Not thrilling for those that want him out maybe but last season must have been one of his worst. I think he will do much better for us this season.

I'd sooner sell Howson than him anyway.  Although I suppose it depends how much Saville is on here.