Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Will said:

My mistake. Club must think he’s really not suited then...

But Pulis described Saville as a future captain of this team. And Gibson grieved when Pulis left the club. So what could have gone wrong in such a short space of time?

15 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just on a side note are we "skint" as a club or due to trying to keep within the rules and means of FFP. 

Think it's mainly due to our massive wage bill. FFP will of course be in consideration, but I think we should be ok in terms of not breaching it. But we obviously cannot operate with the current level of expenses.

• Like 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think it's mainly due to our massive wage bill. FFP will of course be in consideration, but I think we should be ok in terms of not breaching it. But we obviously cannot operate with the current level of expenses.

I don't think FFP will be an issue because of the sales we made last summer and whatever we sell this summer.

2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just on a side note are we "skint" as a club or due to trying to keep within the rules and means of FFP. 

I think we are trying to future proof ourselves from a ffp point and get on a sustainable footing sooner rather than later. I think there is still ambition within the club but at a club like Boro that tries to compete above its weight it is a cyclical thing. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think FFP will be an issue because of the sales we made last summer and whatever we sell this summer.

Think you are right. For the 17/18 season we made a £6.6 Million loss. So we now have the 18/19 season and 19/20 season to factor in to the Profit and Sustainability EFL rules.

Per season we are only allowed to lose £13 Million under the new rules. But they do factor in a 3 season period also, so effectively we can lose £39 Million for the 3 seasons.

I still wouldn't be surprised if we did make a small loss (Under £5 Million) for the next set of published accounts that related to last season (18/19). Think this season (19/20) we will be on course to make a loss of over the £13 Million, due to no parachute payments and still having a large wage bill. Hence the the club's position on trying to get high earners off the books.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I second this. Him and Wing as the forward 2 in a midfield 3 could get goals.

I would be happy with the following team line up v Luton (fitness and transfers permitting)

Randolph

Howson, Ayala, Fry, Friend

Wing, Clayton/Paddy, Sav

Tav, Britt, Braithwaite

I like that team. That team will be up there. Still desperately need a new left back though, Friend is only getting worse, and last season he was sometimes laughable..

even if Britt goes we would have fletcher who I have high hopes for.

UTB

35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think it's a bit daft that we're even trying to offload him, to be honest. We've already invested a great deal in bringing him here and it's clear he can score goals in a team Woody wants to score a lot of goals. Seems one of the strangest players to try and get rid of.

All I know is we are trying to move him on but no one is biting at the valuation Boro have him at. Same place where I got Flint news from

im more than happy to give Saville another season . i cant really judge him on last season as he never really got a run in the same position or tactical instructions.   tbh despite all the negativity surrounding our lack of transfer activity and supposed lack of funds for costly signings, and on a purely personal note  im relieved at the outgoings from last years squad so far.if id been pressed to list the 5 players id like us to be free of  id have said Gestede.Hugill, Downing, Flint and McNair.  

37 minutes ago, Will said:
39 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

To be honest I wouldn't mind keeping Saville I think given a more consistent position and role in the team I think he could have a good season for us. 

I’m not fussed on him staying or going with him being on low wages. I think the club desperately wanting rid of a guy on only £12k a week is telling though...

I wonder if maybe similar to Flint, Saville doesn't really fit the bill for the playing style that we will be going for. Of course, with Flint it was much more blatant. 

It's more likely that he's seen as a saleable asset. Probably not for anything close to what we paid, but before we bought him certainly he was a reasonably sought after Championship player. 

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I wonder if maybe similar to Flint, Saville doesn't really fit the bill for the playing style that we will be going for. Of course, with Flint it was much more blatant. 

It's more likely that he's seen as a saleable asset. Probably not for anything close to what we paid, but before we bought him certainly he was a reasonably sought after Championship player. 

I personally really like him style wise, but club/woody see otherwise haha

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I like that team. That team will be up there. Still desperately need a new left back though, Friend is only getting worse, and last season he was sometimes laughable..

even if Britt goes we would have fletcher who I have high hopes for.

UTB

I think someone nailed it earlier. If we see either of the two young left sided players as potential first teamers then we’re in a bit of a difficult position. Signing a new LB blocks the progression of the young lads, so if we are serious about promoting them then I don’t think we need a new LB at all.

I think pulis going to sheff wed could be good for us, I could actually see him taking a couple of our players, saville for one maybe to do Gibson a ‘favour’, maybe loan gestede or something.

38 minutes ago, Will said:

I think someone nailed it earlier. If we see either of the two young left sided players as potential first teamers then we’re in a bit of a difficult position. Signing a new LB blocks the progression of the young lads, so if we are serious about promoting them then I don’t think we need a new LB at all.

I agree. 

Personally though i don’t want to see Friend starting another game for us if helped. I’m all for playing the youngsters, but only if they are good enough. I guess we will wait and see.

on that note who’s actually better out of Coulson and Reading?