oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Maybe Woody has to be somewhere else or something so he's sending Keane, we know Woody trusts Keane.

Unless it all falls through and he doesn’t leave. Then Woodgate can say it was nothing to do with him. That’s the cynic in me saying that 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

I'm not really fussed who is in the meeting, so long as he buggers off for a good fee.

I wonder if the meeting is regarding his inevitable wage cut. May be us suggesting he can go for a much lower price than we paid but we can't justify paying any or all of the remainder of his wages in doing so. He gets the option of staying and being told to get his head down or move on for less money.

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

RAF and Lurker might be able to confirm but am also told if he goes we have 2 lined up but I have no names...yet

Jamal Lowe and Grady Diangana double signing ?

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

RAF and Lurker might be able to confirm but am also told if he goes we have 2 lined up but I have no names...yet

Not heard a thing on incomings. Hope that’s true though. And hopefully that could be why Lowe hasn’t gone yet. 

Signing Lowe would give me a tiny bit of confidence in our recruitment team. 

A signing that just makes sense all round. Cheap (ish), still young, has potential, low wages, scored goals, quick and also in a position we desperately need.

Braithwaite staying would represent too big a risk, and I'd rather have him off the wage bill than any of the other high earners. £4.5m (especially with add-ons) would be okay, especially if it could be reinvested.

However, with Flint, or Besic, or Mikel, there was a feeling that we could probably get away with losing them without a rush for replacements (although my gut feeling is that we DO need senior centre back cover). But with Braithwaite, especially as Downing is gone too, we need to be 110% confident that we have the incomings secured, because we cannot afford to be any lighter in that department.

10 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Signing Lowe would give me a tiny bit of confidence in our recruitment team. 

A signing that just makes sense all round. Cheap (ish), still young, has potential, low wages, scored goals, quick and also in a position we desperately need.

£3-4million isn't cheap in the championship, might sound strange but I'd rather we didn't spend that much anymore. We should be working on a recruitment strategy that finds players who turn into multi million pound players, rather than giving millions to others

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

£3-4million isn't cheap in the championship, might sound strange but I'd rather we didn't spend that much anymore. We should be working on a recruitment strategy that finds players who turn into multi million pound players, rather than giving millions to others

I don’t think you’ll find many good wingers that are cheaper than 3mill. You can get lucky with a player like Wing but that is so rare. 

I think my stance is that if we did sign him for that price, then you can’t question the clubs decision, because it makes sense and is a player that fits the new model.

i do agree in a sense because the market is incredibly inflated today. Some of the prices for certain players is actually bonkers

6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I don’t think you’ll find many good wingers that are cheaper than 3mill. You can get lucky with a player like Wing but that is so rare. 

I think my stance is that if we did sign him for that price, then you can’t question the clubs decision, because it makes sense and is a player that fits the new model.

i do agree in a sense because the market is incredibly inflated today. Some of the prices for certain players is actually bonkers

I see your point, just feels like a risk at that price. We don't want another Johnson, Fletcher, Braithwaite etc.

What a disaster this club is, loosing over 4 million on a player in 2 seasons is a joke. We will keep going backwards with these idiots running the club 

3 minutes ago, jamesp said:

What a disaster this club is, loosing over 4 million on a player in 2 seasons is a joke. We will keep going backwards with these idiots running the club 

It’s like you’re parodying yourself now

• Like 1

I still can't believe we weren't all over Mallik Wilks, how he's been allowed to go to Barnsley I'll never know I wonder what the fee was 

Lowe's one of the best wingers we could realistically get in England other than prem loans but no idea what players are available, I'd love Wilson or Kent but would Liverpool send them to us 

Feel like to find a good cheap winger these days you just send your scouts to Ligue 1 and 2 and eventually they'll come back with someone like Benrahama for cheap. In fact don't send our scouts I could honestly do a better job finding us a player just from Stats, FM and youtube 

2 minutes ago, jamesp said:

What would you do right now regarding Braithwaite?

Everyone knows what's gone before now and most have seemingly come to terms with it. I can't tell whether you're just still finding it impossible to accept what has happened the last couple of years or whether you genuinely think we should be holding out for more money from selling Braithwaite right now.