oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

1 hour ago, Will said:

IF we'd told him he was staying unless he made it official that he wanted to leave, he would've made it official.

I don't think that action would have directly and immediately led to the latter. Loads of clubs do that, it doesn't stop players playing the game and trying to squeeze their way out without losing their loyalty payments. As I said before, this comes from their representatives, they're the ones saying to them we can get out of this without losing that money and in Braithwaite's case, that's probably because he's unlikely to ever get paid this much money ever again.

I understand that we want to take a strong stance but it's the risk we took that we're paying for. He's got the strong hand. We can't risk keeping him around for too long as we'll never see the best of him again, we'll never get value for money from him so we need to get rid. We have a shorter window than the rest of Europe, the only place he's getting interest from, meaning he knows we have to get money in for him quick if we want to use it. Like Duvel said, got us over a barrel, he's no need to lose his loyalty payments to try and force a move when we're actively trying to force him out ourselves for the good of the future of the club.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Ben Mee captained the side during Heaton’s injury, signed a new contract last summer amidst interest from Spurs, and was their starting centre back last season alongside Tarkowski. I don’t think him being on 55k in the Prem is unrealistic

Ok fair enough. I just didn't think Burnley paid those types of wages to any of their players. 

The longer this goes on the more harm it is going to do to MFC. We need to get a f****** move on. Why do we always leave things last minute and never get anything done. How many more times are we going to start a season without addressing any of our problems from the season before and the season before that. It almost feels like we don't even want to compete anymore and are happy with life in the Championship. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

The longer this goes on the more harm it is going to do to MFC. We need to get a f****** move on. Why do we always leave things last minute and never get anything done. How many more times are we going to start a season without addressing any of our problems from the season before and the season before that. It almost feels like we don't even want to compete anymore and are happy with life in the Championship. 

The hysterical teenage girl act is getting a bit tiresome

4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Keep your knickers on, mate. ?

9 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Ok fair enough. I just didn't think Burnley paid those types of wages to any of their players. 

I don’t think they pay crazy wages (relative to the rest of the Prem, 50k a week is still pretty mental). But I swear even Gibson is on around 50k there! 

I don’t think they pay crazy wages (relative to the rest of the Prem, 50k a week is still pretty mental). But I swear even Gibson is on around 50k there! 

site says £40k

• Like 1

Crazy

13 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Well he took a pay cut when he was forced out of here so I doubt he is. 

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well he took a pay cut when he was forced out of here so I doubt he is. 

Fair enough, you’ll know better than me. Was he forced out of here? I thought the story was he wanted to try and get us out of the championship in a season but if that didn’t happen he’d leave? 

Just on Ben Gibson; he's getting a run out for Burnley this pre season and some Burnley fans reckon he's the nailed on replacement for Tarkowski who they could head to Leicester. So don't see him leaving Burnley just yet. 

54 minutes ago, "KM" said:

We have been like that for years, the people running the club and transfers are still the same so nothing will change 

52 minutes ago, Will said:

The hysterical teenage girl act is getting a bit tiresome

It's more tiresome, that some ppl think they are above others, and only what they LIKE is acceptable to post on an open football fan forum

• Like 3