Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

On the flipside we get a left winger who just had the best output season of his career who can play both wings and cover striker for a cut price it looks like a smart option to me if we're looking at him.

He'd speak Spanish so he'd fit in with the few we still have and Woody speaks Spanish 

Looks technically gifted and good on the ball, quite physical too but not as quick as these articles are making out

Could be a good option if cheap Norwich supposedly wanted him a few months ago, also don't think the Greek league is any worse than the championship, few of the teams could cut it in the prem definitely and Athens is probably one of them

22 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

On the flipside we get a left winger who just had the best output season of his career who can play both wings and cover striker for a cut price it looks like a smart option to me if we're looking at him.

True Boye can cover all 3 positions, so his versatility will be useful. You are right he has just come off his most productive season. But in my opinion I just feel for the potential price there are better alternatives. 

Madison is able to cover both wings also, and has been much more productive than Boye. Lowe is the same, can cover both wings and has also been more productive than Boye.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-middlesbrough-have-dijksteel-bid-rejected/

EXCLUSIVE by Pete O’Rourke

Middlesbrough have had a bid rejected by Charlton for defender Anfernee Dijksteel, Football Insiderunderstands.

Boro are in the market for a new right-back before the transfer window closes and have been tracking Dijksteel all summer.

A source at the Riverside has told Football Insider that they have firmed up their interest with an official bid which has been rejected by Championship rivals Charlton.

Charlton are keen to keep hold of Dijksteel as they prepare for life back in the Championship and they were hoping to tie him down a new deal with the Dutchman entering the final year of his contract at the Valley.

It remains to be seen if Middlesbrough will come back with a new offer for Dijksteel as they look to test Charlton’s resolve to hang onto the defender

The 22-year-old full-back played 39 times across all competitions for Charlton last season, helping the Addicks reach the League One play-off final and secure promotion with victory over Sunderland.

In other Middlesbrough news, it can be REVEALED that the club have held talks with snapping up a free agent from the Premier League.

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing with Boye is that he's played football at the top level and even in the Champions League, when compared to Lowe and Maddison who have only played third tier. I'd much prefer to buy a winger and develop them vs loaning a Ryan Kent. Think the position we're in we should only use loans as a last resort.

Football insider have also just revealed Everton are willing to sell Mason Holgate. Worth a bid to fill the role of a ball-playing defender? I know he played right-back for West Brom but has played centre-back quite a few times for Everton. 

Just now, Foogle said:

One thing with Boye is that he's played football at the top level and even in the Champions League, when compared to Lowe and Maddison who have only played third tier. I'd much prefer to buy a winger and develop them vs loaning a Ryan Kent. Think the position we're in we should only use loans as a last resort.

We will use loans almost certainly and probably as a first resort, due to having very little money to spend.

14 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Boye and Djiksteel - Buy

Diangana and another attacking player - Loan

Todd Kane - Free

I'd be happy with that like

I don't think we would we need 2 right-backs. Think it is either Kane or Dijksteel.

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

We will use loans almost certainly and probably as a first resort, due to having very little money to spend.

But then we're sticking a loan fee and prem wages on a player and seeing no long term benefit from it. I think first resort will be a promising young academy grad to try and fill the role, then go out and look for a young player that we can develop then try and fill that role with a loan player.