oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

Bola & Dijksteel would be class. Obviously nothing has happened yet but credit to the club for targeting the right sort of players.

Agree about Clayton... someone deep who can both break up opposition play and pick up the ball from our centre halves could be key this year.  He was redundant in whatever that abomination of a formation was last year.

Imagine if we could have kept Mikel though.... 

Am I the only one who thought Mikel was bang average? He had a great few games sure, but after that he just faded

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Where you see this MJ?

He turned us down for WBA in January but any offensive player probably was not overly excited at playing under TP.

Afew different accounts on Twitter have posted it over the last 24hrs

1 minute ago, mj south said:

No nothing about Marc Bola, what he like? Attacking full back?

Blackpool fans seem to be very disappointed to see him leave. Won their player of the year I think. Very attacking left back

6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Wages aside, I don't get the desperate need to get rid of Shotton. He's been a solid performer for us, deserves much more credit than he gets

I am with you on this SNC as we did see glimpses of what he can actually do given the right circumstances. Ok he does tend to over run the ball at times but that can improve, had our set pieces and those we thought would score last season had been better I believe he would have had a healthy "goal assist" to his name. Plus on a few occasions he did get in some decent scoring positions.

If I am able to get behind Clayton then hopefully a few might recognise that Shotton is not as bad as some folk infer 

• Like 4

If we sign Bola I get the feeling the Coulson might be one of our wing options, perhaps being 1 of 4 vying for those attacking positions. 4 or so of; Browne, Diangana, Boye, Coulson, Johnson, Walker.

Reading and Bola vying for left-back. Dijksteel and Howson vying for right-back.

That would  be some transformation from our touted options a few weeks back! With the central core of the team being already pretty strong (minus perhaps one more centre-back needed), I'm feeling a bit more optimistic.

Just now, mj south said:

No nothing about Marc Bola, what he like? Attacking full back?

Me neither, is he a really hot prospect?

Tinged with a slight disappointment if it stops Coulsdon playing as he looked really good.

Just now, Dan1234 said:

Me neither, is he a really hot prospect?

Tinged with a slight disappointment if it stops Coulsdon playing as he looked really good.

Won their player of the year. The fans love him it seems. Very attacking left back

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Might get shot down, but I really don’t get or see the hype around Tav. Every time I see him play he doesn’t really do much. Whether that was our style of play I don’t know.

he doesn’t have raw pace or particularly good dribbling so as mentioned he’s not really a winger. 

Hopefully he proves me wrong and has a good season.

I partly agree in that I don’t think he’s a winger either and better suited more centrally.

But it I think he could have a big season. He was pretty effective last season in his very limited opportunities. Don’t know the stats but he got a fair few goals and assists from not a lot of playing time. 

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He was signed as a CB as well. Then got put at RB by Pulis. 

If we get 2 full backs in then we're fine there and have the following CBs

Fry

Ayala

Friend

Shotton

Wood

Stubbs

So we're fine at the back. 

Woodgate has said he wants a centre half though