oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

That football insider website seems to be on the money when it comes to boro transfers.

Unless I am wrong, that O'Rourke chap for them called both Browne and Bola transfers before anyone else?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

That football insider website seems to be on the money when it comes to boro transfers.

Unless I am wrong, that O'Rourke chap for them called both Browne and Bola transfers before anyone else?

Yeah he is reliable. Has he said something else?

He’s played in more established leagues than De Pena surely? Yes another Leo recommendation but not really comparable? Are we just going to start moaning about every linked player who isn’t a cheap league 1 signing now?

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

He’s played in more established leagues than De Pena surely? Yes another Leo recommendation but not really comparable? Are we just going to start moaning about every linked player who isn’t a cheap league 1 signing now?

What else am I supposed to complain about?

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

He hasn't played particularly well in those more established leagues, and will probably cost a few bob.

To play Devil's Advocate, although Besic wasn't brilliant last season, who was aside from Randolph and Wing? He was stuck in a Pulis team expecting to play forward when he hardly ever had anyone ahead of him. I don't think he'd turn back inside every time given the opportunity. In his first half-season  with us, he was probably our best player after Traore and Bamford. 

That said, I wouldn't spend money in that position, nor do I think that the link has any truth in it. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Only way for us to judge is YouTube highlights and he looks pretty poor there.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Bola said his interview he only had his medical Sunday morning and was told to come straight from the medical to the game - can people sign the contracts before the medical is complete? (Genuine question)

Probably not. But I was more meaning the Gazette were down playing our chances until quite shortly before it was anncounced.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Bola said his interview he only had his medical Sunday morning and was told to come straight from the medical to the game - can people sign the contracts before the medical is complete? (Genuine question)

Yes. You don't need to do a medical at all. But you wouldn't be able to insure the player, and of course wouldn't know if he had any issues, so getting anyone to sign anything would be pretty silly, even by Boro's standards. 

In certain situations, like deadline day, they'll often sign the contracts before doing medicals, but will only submit them afterwards.   

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He hasn't played particularly well in those more established leagues, and will probably cost a few bob.

To be fair we are an above average championship team, AEK are a team in the champions league, finished third last year in their top league, 1st the season before that.

YouTube is not the best way to judge a player. It also works both ways some look world beaters but are garbage in reality. 

that guy look neat and tidy, the sort of player who would fit nice in a possession orientated team. mind he might as well have a wooden left leg. he'd become very predictable once sussed and probably ineffectual. his end product on the video's i just watched crossing and his chips forward which he seems to like are terrible. if he keeps it on the floor looks okay. bit risky if you ask me, could easily be a flop.

24 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Yeah he is reliable. Has he said something else?

No he has not Jake but tbf even if he had i would not know as am not on any social media platforms (bar this forum) so my twitter and instagram ability is non-existent.

Though i have noticed you have your finger on the pulse when it comes to Journalists and what not tweeting boro related transfer news. You are like this boards new @"KM". ?

• Like 1

De Pena might not have done anything here, but he came on as sub in 68th minute for Dynamo Kyiv v Shakhtar Donetsk in the Ukraine Super Cup Final yesterday when they were getting beat 1-0. Finished 2-1

De Pena got 2 assists.... 

• Like 1

Just watched a highlights reel of this Boye lad for the first time. He looks alright. Difficult to say for sure until you see him play properly but one thing that comes to mind watching it is that it looked like AEK were playing a similar high pressing game in a similar formation and he was involved with and alert to winning the ball back early. I wouldn't want to pay top dollar for him based on what I saw though, what are the prices being quoted around for him?