oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, Naisby said:

With the season starting for us on Friday, I think Today/Tomorrow the latest we will see transfers in before deadline day extravaganza. Not saying that deals not being done as we speak, but always seems a sporting curtesy that 48/72 hrs before a match that teams keep these things under wraps so that squads can do final sessions without public distraction.

internally and in press things will be known and rumours will spread but official bids/confirmations will be kept unconfirmed till then.

To be honest I think that Woodgate already knows his team for Friday as there would be very little time for any new players to bond with the team and also to train with their new team mates.

Any additional signings will simply be part and parcel of the duration of the transfer window.

It will be interesting to see if Fletcher is part of the Luton squad

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

It’s just gone totally silent on Fletcher, definitely something going on. But to have the same minutes per goal ratio as Britt last season I can’t see us loaning him out or accepting a low ball offer. If there is an offer in surely it must be our money back or more. 

I don't think we'd get anywhere near our money back I'm afraid, despite those stats. Anything north of £4m would be enough to see Bauser drive him away himself. That could get us a decent backup striker, and of course, it would seem that Rudy is perennially around to be third choice too.   

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

To be honest I think that Woodgate already knows his team for Friday as there would be very little time for any new players to bond with the team and also to train with their new team mates.

Any additional signings will simply be part and parcel of the duration of the transfer window.

It will be interesting to see if Fletcher is part of the Luton squad

I agree esp about Fletcher, just as a debate poser, do you think Woodgate would use him on Friday even if club were actively looking to sell him on or player was hankering for a move?

im of the belief that things should be done professionally and if needed Fletcher should play if needed with all the inherent risks involved, but diplomatic colds and runs seem to be more the norm nowadays. 

Too me I’d rather see fletcher play, hit a hat trick add a million to his value then spend a few days watching to see if attitudes change, I think he a good player who is committed to the club and willing to do what is asked, A new signing always good and fun but with our record on strikers and their almost immediate contractually obliged goal droughts I think keeping him might be best. As the old saying goes A striker in hand is worth two on the bench, ( unless it’s Gestede ) sorry couldn’t resist that bad joke.

• Like 1

Unless we have targets agreed, just trying to free up funds I can't see them selling Fletcher without someone in the door, as the earlier post says without Britt we then are down to nobody if we sell Fletcher and don't replace him. If we sell Rudy I can see us going with a loan replacement rather than a perm.

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't think we'd get anywhere near our money back I'm afraid, despite those stats. Anything north of £4m would be enough to see Bauser drive him away himself. That could get us a decent backup striker, and of course, it would seem that Rudy is perennially around to be third choice too.   

I can’t see us moving him on for any less than £5m, especially when we’ll just dig into some of that money to find his replacement. 

Fletcher has failed to convince his last 4 managers he is deserving of a first team place. His performance at Hartlepool a few weeks back was embarrassing. He doesn't look as though he has the hunger to grab the chances he has been given. I would be quite happy for him to leave. 

• Like 3

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe they have agreed everything just awaiting sanction from club when back from overseas.  Also don't believe everything you here from Charlton watch this space. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Raf smog said:

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe they have agreed everything just awaiting sanction from club when back from overseas.  Also don't believe everything you here from Charlton watch this space. 

Love you x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

As in the prem teams are abroad on probably pre season tours?

2 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Interesting 

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

As in the prem teams are abroad on probably pre season tours?

Sounds like it yes, apparently talks were finished with players and finalising when back from overseas.  I heard spurs and Liverpool but not sure on that

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Sounds like it yes, apparently talks were finished with players and finalising when back from overseas.  I heard spurs and Liverpool but not sure on that

Nice one, cheers. Makes sense the links with them two clubs. Wonder what good youngsters they have that we’d be interested in? Anyone know of any decent ones?

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Nice one, cheers. Makes sense the links with them two clubs. Wonder what good youngsters they have that we’d be interested in? Anyone know of any decent ones?

The dream from Tottenham would be Troy Parrott, but it looks like he may be around their first team squad already.

• Like 1