oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

I’ve just had a notification on my Twitter saying join Marc Bola and Marcus Browne in following Ebre. Turns out Ebre is actually Ebre Eze. Seems strange that they would both follow at the same time after signing for the same club in the space of a few days. 

A complete coincidence again or maybe more to it?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I would like each of our new members to tell us

- who is their favourite Middlesbrough player of the last 20 years (but only players who made under 30 appearances are valid answers)

- where they were when Adam Forshaw scored in the last minute against Reading

- who was Gordon Strachan's best signing.

That'll sort the men from the bots.

Affirmative... 

Jason Steele.

I missed it, I was out of commission having my wires done. 

Tarmo Kink. 

He was also only ever good under Pulis, let's not forget that. He was the perfect kind of player for Pulis and Pulis was indeed the perfect manager for him. Would I expect Woody to get the same kind of performances out of him? I'm not convinced. I hope he finds his place in the top level because he's potentially top class but he's also quite limited in some respects in that he's always struggled to adapt himself tactically until the right fit came to him. Great lad, though and I continue to wish him all the best.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

He was also only ever good under Pulis, let's not forget that. He was the perfect kind of player for Pulis and Pulis was indeed the perfect manager for him. Would I expect Woody to get the same kind of performances out of him? I'm not convinced. I hope he finds his place in the top level because he's potentially top class but he's also quite limited in some respects in that he's always struggled to adapt himself tactically until the right fit came to him. Great lad, though and I continue to wish him all the best.

I don't agree with this. Pulis wasn't some kind of 'Adama whisperer' who could magically get a tune out of him. Pulis does deserve credit, but only for giving him the run of games that he needed to get into a rhythm. If Monk, Karanka or indeed Woodgate gave him that same confidence and show of faith, it would result in a similar form, for me.

6 minutes ago, CWC said:

I’ve just had a notification on my Twitter saying join Marc Bola and Marcus Browne in following Ebre. Turns out Ebre is actually Ebre Eze. Seems strange that they would both follow at the same time after signing for the same club in the space of a few days. 

A complete coincidence again or maybe more to it?

It was pointed out the other day that he had pics of them up on his insta story the day they signed. I think they might all be great friends.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was pointed out the other day that he had pics of them up on his insta story the day they signed. I think they might all be great friends.

Yeah seen that the other day as well. Just seems strange as Eze has clearly had Twitter for a while yet both of them have only just started following. You’d think if they were so close they would have been following for a while already.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tom said:

I don't agree with this. Pulis wasn't some kind of 'Adama whisperer' who could magically get a tune out of him. Pulis does deserve credit, but only for giving him the run of games that he needed to get into a rhythm. If Monk, Karanka or indeed Woodgate gave him that same confidence and show of faith, it would result in a similar form, for me.

I just don't think it was entirely about confidence and faith. I think Adama has always had a problem with knowing what to do and when to do it and I don't think every coach will be like Pulis and want to hand-hold him through games. On the evidence we've seen so far, Karanka tried and couldn't hack it when he needed him, Monk didn't really give him a chance but it doesn't help your case to be picked when you don't turn up for a coach on time. There are a few enigmas in football and I believe Adama to be one of them. I think he needs a certain kind of manager to take him and guide him to being the best he can be and I don't think anyone but Pulis has done that for him. I certainly don't think it's as simple as 'Woody saw him do it so he can too'.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just don't think it was entirely about confidence and faith. I think Adama has always had a problem with knowing what to do and when to do it and I don't think every coach will be like Pulis and want to hand-hold him through games. On the evidence we've seen so far, Karanka tried and couldn't hack it when he needed him, Monk didn't really give him a chance but it doesn't help your case to be picked when you don't turn up for a coach on time. There are a few enigmas in football and I believe Adama to be one of them. I think he needs a certain kind of manager to take him and guide him to being the best he can be and I don't think anyone but Pulis has done that for him. I certainly don't think it's as simple as 'Woody saw him do it so he can too'.

Agreed on this. If it was so easy to make the most of Adama, other managers would have done so already. Say what you like about Pulis in other regards, he certainly got the most out of Adama. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tom said:

I would like each of our new members to tell us

- who is their favourite Middlesbrough player of the last 20 years (but only players who made under 30 appearances are valid answers)

- where they were when Adam Forshaw scored in the last minute against Reading

- who was Gordon Strachan's best signing.

That'll sort the men from the bots.

- Maximillian Haas or Bruno Zuculini.

- Agreed to do a night shift, so was furiously refreshing twitter non-stop.

- Lee Miller (Joke). Barry Robson the only real decent signing by Strachan.