oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, Raf smog said:

Nothing agreed as far as I know for Lowe. Pompey playing dangerous game could end up with a Braithwaite type situation. Bare in mind season starts at weekend and he hasn't been playing friendlies.  They keep moving goalposts 

I imagine that one will go down to the last few days?  He could try to force himself out 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Reckon we've got him in early enough to get him training a couple of days and starting Friday? 

Can have the midfield 3 of Howson Clayton Wing 

Just hoping we can get in some pace and quality for that right hand side now 

I'd be shocked if anyone other than Howson played at RB on Friday, regardless of signings.

Just now, BoroJake said:

I’m surprised there wasn’t more interest in Dijksteel from other clubs 

There was. A few clubs,  he doesn't want to go else way. Derby wanted him/ wants him

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Nothing agreed as far as I know for Lowe. Pompey playing dangerous game could end up with a Braithwaite type situation. Bare in mind season starts at weekend and he hasn't been playing friendlies.  They keep moving goalposts 

We definitely interested in him tho? Idiot's the lad won't wanna play. Sometimes some brinkmanship has too happen. 

Just now, Raf smog said:

There was. A few clubs,  he doesn't want to go else way. Derby wanted him/ wants him

I’m surprised to be honest that we are beating all these clubs. Beat Brentford for Bola and beat Derby for Browne

1 minute ago, 2plus2 said:

Are we still in for another centre-back? If so, seems we're none the wiser for who that might be.

there was a guess based on Raf mentioning 2 prem players at Rockliffe at the weekend= carter vickers on loan  from tottenham

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

We definitely interested in him tho? Idiot's the lad won't wanna play. Sometimes some brinkmanship has too happen. 

Yes 100 percent, player might force the issue though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

That’s the risk for them. They might crack towards the end hopefully

Just now, BoroJake said:

I’m surprised to be honest that we are beating all these clubs. Beat Brentford for Bola and beat Derby for Browne

I think a large part of it is down to the Woody/Keane management combo.

Regardless of how people may feel about them as people, they're massively respected within the game.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Latest Posts

• I don't think either of them is in any way better than our level either. They're good for a top half championship side but they wouldn't see a minute in the premier league. Maybe in a few years Time, but for now definitely not
    • MFC v QPR, Friday 17th April 2021 Kick Off: 12.30 Location: The Cellnet Riverside Stadium "Tenth versus Eleventh... Will we see a major swapping of places in the league?" This Saturday, an early kick off sees the showcases a dramatic limp towards the end of the season for two teams that may have harboured promotion hopes at the start of the season. The kick off time was rescheduled following the sudden death of Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh so as not to clash with his funeral. There really isn't a great deal to play for, for either side in this one. We could swap places in the league. We could try and get some winning momentum to take into next season. We could play some of the kids, see if they are any good. To me, this season now feels a bit like the last few weeks at school before the summer holidays. You've already had your report, the weather is getting better and it doesn't really matter what you do now as it's not going to make much difference. Fresh start next year! Fry and Tavernier are still unavailable for this one. Assombalonga's brief cameo at Bournemouth probably didn't do him any favours for the rest of the season or next. It looks likely that we might see Josh Coburn given some game time before the end of the season. He's a striker and looking like he might be a good one for the future, may as well see what he can do now!  No doubting that our woefully inept loanee keeper will be given another chance to demonstrate his lack of ability. He reminds me of an outfield player who has had to play in goal because the proper keeper got sent off or injured during the game. I keep find myself thinking "a real keeper would've done better..." a lot.  VIEW FROM THE OTHER SIDE A quick look and I found this here. Basically of the same opinion as most of us. Nothing to play for. Give the reserves a chance. etc. etc. FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS Give us a goal John O'Rourke played for the hoops after leaving Boro in the 70's Mickel Beck joined QPR on loan from Derby after leaving Boro in the 90's Warnock saved from relegation then guided QPR to the Premiership in the 00's. TALKING POINTS Meh...
    • Ah got you! Yeah in terms of players we have signed post-relegation, I don't think there has been any.  You could argue the likes of Dijksteel and Bola would potentially go to clubs further up the chain than us. If they did you could have them as examples, but that is all hypothetical at the moment.
    • Adama was also brought in when we were playing at a higher level, whether he was ready for that or not. He was brought in to play at that level. The reality is he wasn't ready for it and Pulis made it so that he was, for sure. But it's not like we spent a less than significant sum on a player whilst we were in this division and made them better. Braithwaite has the trajectory, but as you say he didn't get his move to the Spanish top flight because of his development here, it was for the same quality and expectation we had of him when we brought him here.
    • I did mean our second relegation! But Adama is the best/only recent example that fits the bill imo. It's not good.