oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Just now, BoroJake said:

Would you all accept something like Lowe, Dijksteel and Diangana/Marcus Edwards in and fletcher, gestede and saville out?

Yes, easily. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

Just been watching some of the Boyé videos on YouTube. 

Despite what some have said I think he looks like he could do a job for us. Not too sure he could become a 20 goal-a-season player but his passing and running with the ball looked good. 

Enjoyed the (dijk)steel he seemed to show chasing down and muscling defenders and midfielders off the ball. 

Reckon playing up with Britt and Browne would be interesting - Britt could then stay central in his best role as a poacher and Browne and Boyé could feed him. 

Don't know why people are saying he isn't fast - didn't seem to notice a stopwatch anywhere. 

Probably been spoiled by memories of Adama

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It does pose the question if he is being brought in as a replacement for Rudy, who will we replace Fletcher with if he goes? As it does seem we are actively looking to get both players off the books.

I don't think we will go with 3 strikers to be honest. In both of AKs full seasons we only had 2 strikers (Kike/Bamford & Kike(then Rhodes)/Nugent) . Yes, we also had players who could potentilly be a third option (Vossen & Stuani), but they weren't really used.

I reckon if Rudy and Fletch both go, we get in Boye and use someone like Walker as the third striker. And obviously Lowe can play there if we get him.

• Like 1
Just now, Johnmfc81 said:

Im wondering how many players will we sell/release yet?

Fletcher, gestede, saville and Shotton? 

Shotton is one of two fit centre backs. It amazes me that people think he's going anywhere. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I reckon if Rudy and Fletch both go, we get in Boye and use someone like Walker as the third striker. And obviously Lowe can play there if we get him.

My thinking too, a group of Britt, Boye and Walker is enough in a system that only uses a sole striker.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Shotton is one of two fit centre backs. It amazes me that people think he's going anywhere. 

Also there was talk of another cb coming in on loan, can't remember who mentioned it. Possibly Gibson from Burnley. Obviously doubt it would happen though. 

For me, I'd sell Saville. You can't have him and Clayton in the same midfield. He will keep Clayton, although he is slow on the ball and isn't the quickest he makes up for it with his defensive game. Saville I'd like to go, I think you can get much better and cheaper as he seems very limited. We bought him for £8m meanwhile Sheffield United signed Norwood for £2m. I'd love us to sign Ezi but he's out of our price range, only way we can do that is sell a few or offer players and cash in exchange.

I wasn't able to see the box-to-box player in Saville that Pulis could. 

Wouldn't mind if we get shot of him, Tav is now seen as a box-to-box player and I'm sure Clayton and Paddy is enough competition for a central berth. 

I agree with the Shotton comments, we probably won't see him leave if we don't get any coverage for CB. 

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

My thinking too, a group of Britt, Boye and Walker is enough in a system that only uses a sole striker.

Walker plays from wide, he's not really a striker.