oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2019/20 Season

Are some of the targets we have been linked with back ups in case we want to get player in on loan in those positions?

with prem teams getting home from their world tours, deals for those surplus at least till Xmas will be done or answers become more clearer.

with Lowe priced at £3m maybe we will be willing to pay that but only if we don’t get a loanee in for that spot.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SDS, it’s Dijksteel at Rockliffe

For all those asking about these 4 players at rockcliffe just before weekend. I have done some digging appears it was bola Browne and 2 premiership loan players, sketchy with details but I believe the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Said before I'm not seeing what other people are seeing in Lowe, he's not exactly young and he's never made the step up from league 1. 

Good to see I'm far from the only person who thinks Boye looks like a decent forward. Really reckon he could be our new Juninho.

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Said before I'm not seeing what other people are seeing in Lowe, he's not exactly young and he's never made the step up from league 1. 

Good to see I'm far from the only person who thinks Boye looks like a decent forward. Really reckon he could be our new Juninho.

Well.. we all know what happened to the last person who likened himself to the Little Fella...

• Sad 1

I dont think we are really looking for wingers are we, I know he wants pace in the final third but we look to be playing the modern 4 3 3 with inside forwards or creative midfielders more than out and out wingers, On sunday we looked like the full backs were providing width and although Johnson is a winger he cut inside quite a lot as did Browne, we seem to be striving for that fluid ball playing front 3 like liverpool who can do a forward or a wing job.

1 minute ago, Pork Slops said:

I dont think we are really looking for wingers are we, I know he wants pace in the final third but we look to be playing the modern 4 3 3 with inside forwards or creative midfielders more than out and out wingers, On sunday we looked like the full backs were providing width and although Johnson is a winger he cut inside quite a lot as did Browne, we seem to be striving for that fluid ball playing front 3 like liverpool who can do a forward or a wing job.

I dont agree. I think at least one right sided winger will come in.

3 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

ahh right I got the impression we were going for inside forwards more as the front 3 seemed to largely be playing narrow and high up the pitch last game. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pork Slops said:

ahh right I got the impression we were going for inside forwards more as the front 3 seemed to largely be playing narrow and high up the pitch last game. 

I arent saying you are wrong, i just think that is what will happen. Lots of talk of needing pace and that the right side both wing and full back is an area that needs sorting!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

What left sided wingers have we got?

if we are going to play with wingers we will need one for the left and right.

1 minute ago, ABH said:

I’d imagine Browne will play there. Coulson probably could too

2 minutes ago, ABH said:

Browne and Coulson currently are the two options really.

27 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Just talked to my friend who is a Juventus fan big time and he knows a lot about the league and ofc Torino too. He says that Boye has all the attributes to be a really good striker, who can back up the flanks aswell. He sees him as a box player who can also play the "Firmino" role. 
Strong as an ox, but NOT slow, as some suggests. No Adama either. 
He likes to chase every ball posibble and is great for high pressure play. He passes well and has that little special something, being able to position himself the right place all the time. 
Well liked in the dressing room too.

Just passing on my friends knowledge/opinion, for those who might find it interesting.

that is a positive appraisal, from my eyes he looked steady on the ball, happy to not waste possession, quite determined chasing for the ball esp when he lost it. looks like he has a decent right peg, liked the look of him when keeping the ball on the floor, some neat through balls in him. downside his left foot is very weak and didnt look a very good crosser/long range passer.  

hes a risk, but probably quite cheap bet we can get him for similr to what they payed about 1.5mill